Gull. Flowerpot Point, Blackmans Bay. July 2013.
As you know, the Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (and RSS feeds.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning...
- Lessons on feminism.
- New book finds U.S. conduct during the Vietnam War to be much worse than previously understood, where My Lai was “an operation, not an aberration.”
- The Strange Sexual Quirk of Filipino Seafarers.
- 25 Hilariously Inaccurate Knock-Off Toys.
- Political power, said Mao, “grows out of the barrel of a gun.” His fondness for bloodshed should not blind us to the accuracy of his observation… Why Violence Works.
- Vote Compass is an educational tool developed by a non-profit group of political scientists and hosted by the ABC. Answer a short series of questions to discover how you fit in the Australian political landscape.
- Election FactCheck is an independent, non-partisan public service that will test the truthfulness of political statements during Australia’s federal election campaign.
- PolitiFact Australia is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and other influential people in the Australian political debate.
- Morrissey meets Peanuts!