Skip to main content

Ads that I like #48



We are rapidly approaching advertisement number fifty, so I am going to have to find a pearler for that! Today though, we are back to one of the many, many ads that feature our feminine friends (kind of like “our feline friends”, except with ladies instead of cats).

I like this one very much, but am extremely disappointed that Mornidine, a drug once prescribed for morning sickness, was withdrawn for public consumption in 1969.

My wife and I have not spoken at great length about it, but I am reasonably certain that her inability to get up and cook me a full and hearty breakfast each day was Jennifer’s greatest concern that arose from her bout of morning (all day) sickness. More distressingly for everybody concerned was the effect her queasiness contributed to the reaction of Henry, the caveman toddler, who – in the main – becomes livid when his needs are not catered for instantaneously. In the failure to adequately fulfil her matrimonial and motherly duty, Jennifer herself was quite upset. In this sense, drugs would have been the best option all round.

From the looks of this, 10mg of Mornidine slipped into the orange juice each morning, Henry and I would be treated to a bright and happy wife and mother (in an extremely flattering nightie, I might add), and a couple of plates full of bacon, eggs, sausage and maybe even hash browns!

Damn you FDA! Damn you to hell!

Comments

Priyanka Khot said…
And if the FDA do not change their stand even after that arguement... DAMN THEM IN HELL!!! for sure :-)

Loved this post!!!

still laughing!

hahahahaha :D
Anonymous said…
Ady is wondering why on earth this wasn't prescribed for me. He is most relieved I am now in t he second trimester and full of breakfast making energy again....
Kris McCracken said…
Do you make him breakfast?

I've been married years now and am still waiting.

That's what happens when you marry a feminist with a chip on her shoulder because she was forced to go to a Catholic Ladies College.
The D in D & T said…
Kris, hysterically funny again. That nightie is an effective contraceptive too, perhaps that's why the drug was discontinued?
Kris McCracken said…
There is something to be said for the daggy nighty to rekindle a spark in a marriage...
sam said…
hehe, the nausea seems to have long lasting effects in some of us members of the feline (err, female) population.... our kids are in their 30s and Max is till waiting for the whole "lovingly make breakfast and sandwiches for the dear man to take to work" thing to kick in....
ptowngirl said…
Kris you are too much! Yes, if a pill could do all of that, I'd be popping them whether I was pregnant or not! :-)

ptowngirl
HamptonRoadsDailyPhoto.com

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut