Skip to main content

Madarat lehet vele fogatni



Just a quick one this evening, I'm so tired I could eat a horse (that's how tired I am!)

Here is a picture taken on my way home from one of my favourite shops in town Spice World. As a fan of all manner of cuisine, this is one of the best places to go to find ingredients from all over the world. As a particular fan of Hungarian food, I always like to browse the wide range of paprika available here.

As always, I am on the lookout for tasty recipes for Henry and I to try from all over the world, so if anyone cares to help us out, links in the comments page would be much appreciated.

Over and out!

Comments

EG CameraGirl said…
It's wonderful that you're exposing Henry to all kinds of cuisines. Maybe because you started him so young you'll avoid the "picky eater" syndrome. (I just made that name up, LOL)

When my girls were little, my older daughter would always eat just about anything. The younger? Well, 50 per cent is kinda good, isn't it?

Both are adventurous eaters now that they're grown up, though...so maybe the success rate is really 100 per cent. ;-)
Which is your favorite paprika?
Neva said…
I love your photo! What an awful lot of choices...it must be a grand place to shop!
 gmirage said…
Now, explorers must have been wrong in finding Mollucas as the spice Island, it should have been this shop!!! =D

Great collection....very nice photo too!
Kitty said…
hm! I'm naive about the subtle differences between paprikas.

well, I'd posted this recipe for Korean ribs a little while ago. Add a couple tablespoons of cider vinegar to it and it's delicious. You only have to marinade the meat 4 or 5 hours.

Mark and I have been trying to cook Indian food, but we really love everything. Henry will be less a picky eater than a fearless one, but he'll also probably have high standards, which has it's own shortfalls.

Great blog! I'll have to come back when I have more time.
Kris McCracken said…
EGTG, He is a pretty good eater. He loves spaghetti carbonara and dahl. He tries pretty much everything, so we can’t complain on that score. We like to eat all sorts in this house, so he’ll go alright!

Boise Diva, I will be honest and say that I like the Különleges best, but I’ll eat any!

Neva, it is. It also smells great!

Mirage2g, I don’t know how people coped before access to spices!

Kitty, it’s well worth exploring the world of paprika!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary