Skip to main content

And to the man on whose shoulder the world must depend, I pray for peace and love: Amen



Apparently, there is some sort of organised sports festival about to happen. They are calling it "The Olympics". Can I be the first to say that I am officially 'over' the Olympics already? Does anyone actually care about them? I haven’t been interested in the Olympics since the Soviet Union was on the scene.

I'd rather watch Ezra sleep (although I would prefer that he did it at night).

I would like to say that I don't hate them, it's just, "The Olympics? Meh!"

Comments

USelaine said…
I adore that raincloud! Mwah! Well, yes, and the baby.... ;^)
Z said…
I'm also completely underwhelmed by the Olympics. Actually, most sports leave me cold...

Ezra's boogie-ing!
Terrific shots! I agree with you about the Olympics, but I started losing interest when they separated the summer and winter games. This year, my distaste is all about China. I would rather watch my children too!
I think the focus, passion and commitment of an athlete is admirable. Many of these activities will never result in multi million dollar contracts for their practitioners. This is their moment to shine, it's important to recognize it. Hey proud daddy, if were your sons you'd be muscling your way into the front row.
Congratulation. Is there anything in the world that smells as wonderful as a baby?
Sue said…
As each Olympic games approach, I am absolutely, positively, 100% sure that I will not bother watching or reading about them...and then they begin... and I find myself inexplicably drawn to them to the point where I actually watch quite a fair amount of swimming, track and field, gymnastics, diving, weight lifting, equestrian, shooting, rowing, cycling, hockey and dare I say it....synchronized swimming!!! And heaven forbid if I miss the opening and closing ceremonies! What a sad...sad...sad person I am!
And may I say that each picture of Henry and Ezra just keep on getting better...keep them coming, pleeeeease!
PS Did the talented Jen make those gorgeous trousers that Ezra is wearing??? LOVE them! And I also agree with palm axis...the smell does it for me too!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary