Skip to main content

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others


Because I feel like it, and because I can, today I am running with a Henry and Ezra BONANZA theme. No, that doesn’t mean Henry will be dressed up in spurs, tassels and a twelve gallon hat calling himself “Hoss” and knocking blokes out for dissing his “paw”, nor will Ezra be going by “lil’ Joe” and going on to build a petite abode on the pampas nor act as an angel sent from heaven to help people prevent their savings being swindled by unscrupulous investors. [One does hope this convoluted bit of pop culture riffing doesn’t pass everybody by.]

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I am back at work today, don’t want to be, so have colluded with the robot to have regular pictorial updates throughout the day. So here is the first, dear little Ezra showing off his feet, taken yesterday afternoon and displaying little evidence of any after effects of his shots.

So, for the time being, our little man has a halo of protection for the following:
  • Hepatitis B;
  • Diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough (acellular pertussis);
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b;
  • Polio (inactivated poliomyelitis IPV);
  • Pneumococcal conjugate; AND
  • Rotavirus.

Comments

USelaine said…
My junior high school was named for Jonas Salk, remarkably before he died. He attended our Awards Banquet one year when I was there, so I've seen him in the flesh.

Blessings on the boys.
Anonymous said…
Interesting title - not fully taken up in the post, though.

Should I stop holding my breath waiting for the daily poem to return?
Danial Bigham said…
It;s your baby? It's sugary
Maria Verivaki said…
shots are important - my kids only just finished being vaccinated for everything under the sun only last year...
Kris McCracken said…
USelaine, Jonas Salk, he beats the (now) disgraced Olympic Bronze medallist that was our school’s most famous speaker!

Julie, I will have to get around to finding some more poems just to post for you!

Danial, he is indeed!

Kiwi, I can’t believe that in this day and age people expose their kids (and everyone elses) to so many horrid diseases by opting to not have them vaccinated. Such a selfish decision, on all counts.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary