Skip to main content

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.


After the adventure climbing the mountain, yesterday the lads and I opted for a more sedate walk into Lidisfarne village to pick up some milk, fruit and veggies. Here you can see the view of the Tasman Bridge from atop the highway overpass.

So yesterday we were all feeling pretty good. That is, we were until we heard the Australian team announced for the third test. It is difficult to follow your team when there are so many nobs in it. It is difficult to follow your team when the selection policy lacks clarity at times.

It is difficult to follow your team when the selectors keep sticking with Matthew Hayden and bloody Brett Lee, despite both doing nothing of late to warrant selection. They keep picking Symonds despite a) not having scored a run all summer; b) not being able to bowl; and c) not being able to stop getting on the piss all the time. His Queensland teamates can't stand him, but hey, "he's a good team man", even moreso when the team is full of nobs.

But yesterday was the final blow for this household, to pick Doug "the big bald mug from New South Wales" Bollinger over Ben "the stud from Tasmania's North West Coast" Hilfenhaus was too much. I won't even mention the fact that they've chosen a ginger too. This really is the lowest point for Australian cricket since the time Richard Soule was overlooked in favour of Ian Healy. You know it is a low when I am agreeing with Graeme Smith and barracking for South frigging Africa!

We have so many fit, young talented and (especially) attractive cricketers down here in Tasmania, we've won the Shield and one day finals in recent years, and yet the still won't pick us!

I've run the rule over the side and can see no reason why George Bailey can't come in for Clarke, Tim Paine can't replace Haddin, Luke Butterworth couldn't have replaced Symonds. Brett Geeves should have replaced BLee at the start of the summer, and choosing Siddle over Hilfenhaus is a complete and utter JOKE.

So Henry, Ezra and I are giving up.

We shall be boycotting the Australian cricket side because of the apartheid-like policies against Tasmanians. What is more, we are advocating the cessation of the state of Tasmania (changing the name back to Van Diemen's Land, of course), and making our own way in the world!

Comments

smudgeon said…
You'd think with a couple of Tasmanians with influence over selection we'd, you know, see someone who deserves to play in the first XI. Bollinger?? Siddle?? And who the fuck is Andrew McDonald?? Geeves, Hilfenstuff & Butters at least stand a chance of troubling a Bangladeshi second XI...

Crikey.
USelaine said…
The first time someone showed me the position names on the field of play in cricket, I laughed out loud. It's as foreign to me as Middle Earth.
Joy said…
Hi Kris! I completely agree with you. So what else is everyone planning to do about the issue? However, I hope this doesn't mar your start to 2009.

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo. Happy 2009!


joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
I, Woman
Coach said…
Yes but I'd probably leave Clarke in the side - we need someone to dislike.

And I think you migt have missed the influence of the Ford adds - if you are in them you cant be dropped unless you cant walk!
Miles McClagan said…
I would go further - I advocate (deliberate use of the word) declaring independence - Tasmania would beat Australia right now, especially when we drag Ponting back...

Monique Brumby can write our anthem, and we can declare war on Andrew McDonalds house...I'm excited!
KL said…
Isn't Jennifer interested in cricket?
Kris McCracken said…
Me, it is a joke!

USelaine, there is nothing silly about a silly mid on, fine leg, or short backward square!

Joy, it has already ruined 2009! Ruined, I say!
Kris McCracken said…
Coach, no shortage of them!

Miles, Ponting can stay in NSW if he likes, he’s not welcome back here the way that he dumped poor Kelly from Prospect in favour of some jumped up little strumpet from Wollongong!

KL, she is as interested in cricket as I am knitting.

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut