Skip to main content

I never met a man so unknowledgeable, I could not learn something from him.


I like the shapes that you can get sometimes working with the angles of various buildings. There are three separate buildings here, but one day I'd love to get six in one shot.

Last week I posted a little bit of prose that I constructed in a reasonably straightforward manner. As is my wont however, I applied my own theory of surrealistic realism to the piece and rewrote the bugger with that in mind:

Leaning back he transforms himself into a chair of dirty orange plastic that smells of neglect. Shattering his hands, the room waits. The light-tube mourning as his face develops for all to see. And expedition of eighty-seven is sent to investigate the mystery of his countenance. They map from east to west, recording all they see: eyeballs dripping sadness, nose launching itself from the landscape for easier access, cavernous mouth overflowing with small, white children standing out of line. This was the last we heard of them as he inhales the room, extracting his head and placing it onto his lap, twisting enough to see within. Dressed in lush green, the organ of sight (rods and cones intact) devours the object of desire. Meeting midway he opens himself up, jeopardising his flanks, tearing down the defensive wall; he proposes a treaty and offers a gift. Things appear advantageous, it could happen. He expands, higher and wider - reaching the sun and no-one can touch him. But wait. BANG! She pulls away and attacks. Punching, piercing, laughing and malignant; she leaves him there. Broken, defeated, a ruined city. One day someone will come across these blood-stained remains and ask "whatever could have happened here?"


Interestingly, my notion of surrealistic realism was later shamelessly stolen by that thieving French philosophe and intellectuelle païens Jean Baudrillard. The dastardly frog even went so far and invented a time-machine to fraudulently claim the notion as his own! Sacrebleu!

Comments

KL said…
Oh Dear! I need to come back here when less tired :-S!!! That building composition is fantastic. I don't know whom I should give credit - to you or to the city builders who created such variety of buildings with such angles :-).
Kris McCracken said…
KL, I am happy to take any credit that I can get!
Oh my, surrealistic soup, that is!
WOW! I like your prose piece, it reads like prose poetry, very nice! Cool picture, too!

We had hamburgers tonight, and boy were they good (best tasting chicken shit I ever ate!)
I just reread it and I really like it!
Kris McCracken said…
Diva, I like soup. I am soup.
Kris McCracken said…
Mary, thank you and I am glad that the burger was nice!
Priyanka Khot said…
Kris,

There were Oscar celebrations on all the news channels and radio stations. I guess people in Chennai will take to streets once Rahman comes back home.

Most of us believe that the composition that won the award was one of his most average work... He has some great songs to his credit that the international community has been unfortunate to have missed.
Priyanka Khot said…
P.S: Sorry that your idea was stolen.

Now I know why you had said some days ago...."thirdly you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil!"
Babzy.B said…
beautiful shot , i love the square shape with the four blue eyes !
Never read a book of Jean Baudrillard ... you just give me the envy to read one of his book ;)
Dot-Com said…
Will await the result of six building in one pic. Should be cool!
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, good to hear that India is celebrating.

Well... maybe I just hadn't heard much of Baudrillard when I can up with the idea...
Kris McCracken said…
Bazby, Baudrillard is interesting enough, the notion of the simulacra is valid, but there is that element of postmodernist wank that he cannot escape too...
Kris McCracken said…
Dot-Com, all I need to do is find some buildings!

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral