Skip to main content

Pain doesn't listen to reason, it has it's own reason, which is not reasonable.


Here you can see the water taxi making a quick getaway from Sullivan's Cove one afternoon. I've not done so, but I could catch this one home, as it stops just over the road from us in Geilston Bay. If you can believe it, it actually works out cheaper than a road taxi. A bit pricier than the bus, however.

Sometimes I get very tired. When I am, very tired, I know that my patience shortens and that I am prone to saying nasty things.

Accordingly, because I know what can happen when I get very tired, I often choose to not say anything at all in order to avoid saying anything nasty that would really be about tiredness rather than nastiness.

Yet on occasion, people assume that to not say anything means that you must be angry even though you're not angry you're just tired and at that point the silence isn't about anger because you're not angry, you're tired.

Of course, the fact that people keep asking why you're angry even though you're not angry (you're tired) starts to make you angry. I mean, you're tired, and someone is accusing you of being angry when you're just tired and because you're tired you get angry and more likely to say nasty things because you're angry and tired because you're tired and you know that you're prone to getting short and potentially will say something nasty.

So in fact, you're quiet not because you're angry. You're quiet because you're tired and you know that you're prone to anger when you're tired.

You're quiet because you're tired and you want to keep the peace.

But people keep asking why you're angry.

The misunderstanding makes you angry.

The anger makes you tired.

When I'm tired, I can get short with people...

Comments

Babzy.B said…
water taxi , nice transportaion ! when i'm tired i don't even have the energy to get angry ;)
take a rest , have a peaceful week end !
KL said…
I think you Australians have talents for all these. Once when I was very young and watching cricket that was being played in Australia, I saw this (someone was carrying it on the ground and that's why the TV was focusing on it), and though that time I hardly knew English, but it was so fascinating that I still remember to this day. Your post today reminded me of that and here it is:

If you notice this notice, then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Tash said…
No way of escaping it - when men are quiet it has to mean they are angry...cuz when women are quiet, it is cuz they are angry...and quiet. Not tired. No quiet tiredness acknowledged. (good piece, I could never work that many quite/angry in a few short paragraphs)
The photo is really lovely - not at all painfull or tired or angry ... but it is quiet and happy. :) I'll stop. Sorry.
Anonymous said…
Have fun on Monday!
kylie said…
why are you angry?
Sue said…
Gee...I'm gonna stop asking my boys what's wrong when they are quiet from now on! I always think something is worrying them...but maybe they are just tired too.
But I do wish they would tell me...and then I would stop asking. Maybe you should utter that one sentence..."I'm just tired and I don't feel like talking" and then maybe people will stop annoying you by asking if you are angry... thus avoiding making you angry!!??
Colette Amelia said…
What a great post to enlighten! hope you feel energized soon.
Kris McCracken said…
Babzy, thundery rain this weekend!
Kris McCracken said…
KL, we tend to stew on things a bit. I blame the English stiff upper lip.
Kris McCracken said…
Tash, but I'm not angry, I'm tired.
Kris McCracken said…
Hallam, but it all changed on Thursday!

I have the Statewide Youth Collaborative (SYC) Group on Monday, and that is NEVER fun...
Kris McCracken said…
Kylie, but I'm not angry, I'M TIRED!
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, if you say that, then you get drawn into a whole conversation as to why you're tired.
Kris McCracken said…
Colette, maybe by 2020...
Sue said…
And I guess you're too tired to have that conversation.
But I definitely will stop asking Cody and Zac what is wrong when they are quiet! Thanks for the heads up!
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, always a pleasure!

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut