Skip to main content

The maxim ‘Nothing avails but perfection’ may be spelt shorter: ‘Paralysis.’


Nigh on three months old, here is a regal Ez checking the mail.

A truncated post this evening, as Henry is feeling poorly, and he may well have passed on the La temido gripe de cerdo Mexicana...

Comments

Roddy said…
You haven't had my grandchildren eating dodgey pork have you?
Ezra looks quite good in this one.
I hope the boys don't suffer for too long. As long as it is all over before Ezras birthday.
Neva said…
How adorable he is. I babysat for 2 days my great niece (4) and great Nephew (18 months)....I forgot how busy little ones are every minute unless they are asleep!
Sue said…
The dreaded illness may be running through the McCracken children. My eldest is feeling poorly also. Indeed, it may be la temido gripe de cerdo Mexicano as he does socialise with the local lacrosse team, who recently returned from quarantine in Sth Korea, after one of its members tested positive for it.
Hi! Kris and Ezra,
I hope that Henry, will be on the mend real soon!...because just like Henry, I'am a bit under the weather too!

What a nice photograph of Ezra!
Take care!
DeeDee ;-D
yamini said…
I like the cute pout and the cuddly cheeks in this photo of Ez. Please give him a bear hug on my behalf and one for Henry too, so that he gets well soon!!!
Priyanka Khot said…
he is adorable. A big kiss to him from me. I wish I could be there to give him a hug and recite some nice hindi and marathi poems to him. trust me.. he would so enjoy them.
Kris McCracken said…
Neva, they are hard work, that's for sure.
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, I've long said that no good will come of associating with lacrosse players,
Kris McCracken said…
DeeDee, it's going around!
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, he spent all of Tuesday morning sitting on me.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, my marathi is rusty...

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary