Skip to main content

A man should be mourned at his birth, not at his death.


The usual excuses lead me to declare a Theme Thursday quickie again this week. Above, you can see Parliament House here in Tasmania bathed under a suitably ominous layer of cloud. I do like what they’ve done with the flowers at the front, however. Very neat and tidy...

One might say that the garden is not at all WILD.

How’s that for a take on the theme?

I know that you’re disappointed.

I’m disappointed too.

Comments

Roddy said…
The skies here are blue, although a little hazey. We have passed Newcastle and at present speed should be in Brisbane approx. one pm. Saturday.
The WILD weather we were anticipating didn't eventuate.
Baino said…
NAH never disappointed. .
Tom said…
i'm ok with your post...i too like a wild garden, one that looks a little overgrown, that you might have to step into and onto to get around it...a veritable jungle of a garden...now that's wild!
smudgeon said…
How can one be disappointed with flowers n shit?
Brian Miller said…
its all open to interpretation...not disappointed at all. without the tame, would we call it wild?
RLM Cooper said…
Loved Tasmania. The photo of the waterfall in my TT post this week is one I took at Liffey Falls, Tasmania. Friends recently traveled to Hobart - they also loved it.
Wings1295 said…
Not disappointed. Like the pic!
Anonymous said…
Actually Kris, I was gravitated towards your opening title. And we all nkow too well how wild government can get, yes? Cheers!
e said…
Not disappointed in the least and your title deserves a post all its own.
Colette Amelia said…
ahh but just let those buggers go to seed and then you will see what a bunch of wild pansies will do!
Betsy Brock said…
Are you anywhere near the red sand storm that happened yesterday? That certainly looked wild! :)
Megan said…
Pshaw. Not disappointed at all. Great color and shade in this shot.
Kris McCracken said…
Thanks all. I am struggling to keep up!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary