Skip to main content

The more a man knows, the more he forgives.


Clean your windows! Princes Street, Sandy Bay. February 2012.

Tuesday Q and A and we continue to trawl our way through The 99'er Meme: Final Part. This week, I reveal the origin of my marriage!

76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
In the immortal words of Bananrama: Love, Truth and Honesty.

And lots and lots of hot, steamy sex.

77) How did/ could someone win your heart?
Aside from the lots and lots of hot, steamy sex?

78) In your world, what brings on more creativity?
Being relaxed and having time, space and a bit of peace and quiet.

79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Cripes, that is a hard question. Accepting the offer of a beer from a very attractive lady many years ago turned out okay...

80) Why did you break up with your last ex?
I never really had a last ex. Alternatively, maybe I am fooling myself...

81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
I’m not keen on tombstones. If I did it would hopefully be suitably pithy and humorous.

82) What is your favourite word?
We’ve dealt with this one before. In all languages I like 'Lebensmüde'. In English, maybe 'oscillation'.

83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word: delusional.
See question 88.

84) What is a saying you use a lot?
“Anyone who isn’t confused doesn’t really understand the situation.”

85) Are you watching Idol this season? If yes, how do you like it?
Idol? Billy Idol?

86) Were you surprised that House got cancelled?
House? Little House on the Prairie? Didn’t Lil’ Joe die years ago?

87) What is your current desktop picture?
It cycles through. At present it is this one.

88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
Well I know who but prudence forbids one from further disclosure.

89) What would be a question where you'd not tell the truth?
One can usually steer an answer away from an outright lie, but at the same time not be an outright truth. For example, my answer to the question “what do you think of this?” is rarely a 100 percent truthful one...

90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by WEEPING ANGELS. The Weeping Angles aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What would you do?
Worry about my health.

91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
The ability to generate a healthy revenue stream without having to do much.

92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
So just ‘re-live’ as is, but not alter? If so, hmmmmmmmm... Am I aware of the present when I am ‘re-living’ the past? Whether I am or not would influence my choice of experience...

93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
I dunno. Something where immaturity hurt someone else’s feelings. Not a short list.

94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. (let's say that you are both single and available) Who might it be?
Well, at least it beats the usual “date” question. I don’t know. Someone nice and clean.

95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Right now? Is it return? If it is, I’ll go to Budapest.

96) Do you have any relatives or friends in jail?
Not at the moment (to my knowledge).

97) Who's winning the U.S. Republican presidential nomination? Why?
Who cares? One presumes it will be ‘Mitt’ or someone with an equally stupid name... (I mean really, who names a child “Newt’?!?)

98) Who's winning the next U.S. Presidential election?
One assumes it will be an anti-climactic win for what is a rather mediocre incumbent. Ho-hum. I would have liked to have seen someone challenge Obama from the left and force a little less in the way of fine words and a little more in the way of action. From this part of the world Obama looks like the best Republican President in years...

99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
Shut up and stop being so bloody stupid!

Comments

Kris McCracken said…
Well well well...

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut