Skip to main content

I am better than my reputation.


Wires. Quayle Street, Sandy Bay. December 2012.

Sunday Stealing: The 11/11 Questions meme

What is your favourite possession?

Probably my camera.

Do you like to read? If so, which books do you love best?

I love to read. I'll read most things, so am not sure I can pin down any particular type that I "love best". My list of favourites contain a lot of dark novels, however.

Do you have any pets?

No. Unless you count two rug rats.

What was your favourite food as a child? Is it the same now?

I probably liked sausages best. I still do, but I don't think that they are my 'favourite' any more.

What is your favourite thing about blogging?

Interacting with people from all over the world.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Somewhere close to the beach.

What is your favourite number?

Seven!

Which of these things would you find hardest to give up for a year? Chocolate, reading, coffee or smoking?

Reading. Without a doubt. I've never smoked, chocolate isn't my thing and I could always replace coffee with tea. I'd be lost without something to read.

If you could make your life into a movie, what would you name it.. In addition, whom would you want to play you?

"Panjandrum". I think that George Clooney might just be able to play me.

If you had $40,000 for a shopping spree, what would you buy?

Can I put some of it in the bank? No? I'd take us all on the Trans-Siberian Railway and equip us all out with the latest in computers, tablets, cameras, handheld video games and the like.

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?

Famous people don't interest me all that much. Bill Clinton would be interesting. Keith Richards would have some great stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary