Skip to main content

Housework, if you do it right, will kill you.


Jen on the rocks (taken from the ice cold water). Clifton Beach. May 2013.

Another Q and A pilfered from Sunday Stealing. This week I am dreaming, with the IF I WON 100 MILLION DOLLARS.... meme.

What kind of car would you buy?

Do they drive themselves yet?


Where in the country would you move to?

Somewhere warm and near a beach.


What kind of house would you buy?

A decent-sized one with good soundproofing.


Would you give your family any money?

If they promise to leave me alone.


What charity would you donate to?

None of them. I might find some microcredit organisation to help out.


Would you give your friends any money?

Do they have a convincing business plan?


Where would you go on vacation?

Everywhere! World tour...


What luxury item would you buy first?

I would enquire about top notch cameras, diving gear, kayaks and perhaps get a quote for a sauna.


Would it change your life?

Bloody oath would!


Would you save any of it?

I'm a saver by nature. Some people call it stinginess, but I prefer 'fiscally prudent'.


Would it change your current relationship?

Not fundamentally. One would hope that it would expand the range of wonderful things that we could do together.


Would you quit your job?

Funnily enough, I quit my job yesterday. If I had the means, I could do without paid employment.


Would you ever work again?

It depends on one's definition. I wouldn't see the need to enter into any kind of employment contract, but I could find plenty of things to put my effort (i.e. 'work') into.


What one task would you never do again?

Cleaning up other people's filth is never pleasant. Also, anything to do with heavily intoxicated people.


What dream of yours would you be able to do?

The Trans-Siberian Railway!


Would you change the way you dress?

I might have a few nicer things about the place, and better quality duds.


Would you change anything about your body?

With money? I shouldn't think so. I would hopefully have more time to do active things and perhaps get a bit fitter.


Would you miss anything about not being rich?

Are you silly? You can still do everything the same if you want to, just without the stress of money!


Who would be the first person you tell?

Jen.

Would it bring you happiness?

Probably not, but surely it is far better to be miserable lazing on your yacht anchored off some tropical island than it is in a cold, wet and windy walk to some shitty job in the depth of Winter. I know which I'd prefer. I wish that I had the luxury of an existential crisis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut