Skip to main content

If nothing else, we simply get used to being alive.


How old are you? Next to the overpass by Lindisfarne North Primary School, Lindisfarne. August 2013.

More Qs and More As. As usual, I've pilfered them from Sunday Stealing. This week, a set of Awkwardly Intriguing Questions


1. What’s something you hide about your personality?

I'm not certain that I do. Perhaps we all suppress elements of our vulnerability or sensitivities.


2. How do you deal with criticism?

Tora tora tora!


3. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?

Scratch my back for more than three seconds.


4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why?

Capt. John Yossarian.


5. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?

I've got a few of them. Perhaps it would be wise to just touch my nose and wink.


6. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do?

Use my full name.


7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why?

John Joseph Merrick. Please don't let me be misunderstood.


8. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?

A cheap plastic biro in the eye. Sign, wipe brow and mutter, "Well, they always said that the pen was mightier than the sword..."


9. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you?

"Meine süße kleine Currywurst."


10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?

I used to enjoy football, but then the Sydney Swans, and then the mass media, ruined it for me. I'm all a bit 'meh' these days about it.


11. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why?

Vættir, of the Jötnar variety. A handsome one. I'm quite complex, you see. As for what I'd want to be? God. That'd be pretty good.


12. Describe your dream library.

Full!


13. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?

Very safe and very comfortable.


14. Do you have any “rules” about food?

Make sure that it is dead first. Also, no nuts!


15. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?

It seems a bit creepy.


16. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?

If I'd be too embarrassed to tell other people why would I write it on an open blog? I'm unlikely to want to do something that I'm embarrassed about doing.


17. Describe a time/ event in your life that you’re nostalgic for.

I'm not really nostalgic for the past. There are moments when I might slip into rueful contemplation over missed opportunities, but that's something quite different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary