Skip to main content

Humour can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind

Another little video today, featuring you-know-who.

Henry unfortunately appears to have developed a very French sense of humour. Farts, burps and (especially) falling over have now in our house reached giddying heights of hilarity. Combine this with a newly developed ability to count to three (yes THREE), and we have a real little Louis de Funès in the house.

The new game involves counting to three, and then falling over in the manner of someone recently shot by a ruthless villain. We then repeat this approximately three thousand times.

In order to prevent serious injury, you will note that I have positioned a number of pillows for the budding comic genius to break his fall. Of course, this does not always work, as his aim is shoddy. Thus, we have had our fair share of tears. Indeed, I considered posting one of those videos, but I am saving that up for the grand prize on Australia’s Funniest Home Videos (or, as I like to call it, ‘People getting seriously hurt and occasionally winning a television’). Despite the tears (which I consider cathartic for a young man); we usually calm him down, and recommence falling over. And over. And over. And over.

I think that you get the drift. To the video:

Comments

blackie said…
redfesure it just looks like good old fun, but I know what is really going on -this is training for a future with the bombers, isn't it? Fine, just so long as you realise the pillows will have to be removed at some stage if he is going to make it to the big league.
blackie said…
don't ask me what redfesure is either
freefalling said…
I distinctly saw Henry say that he did NOT want to do it again.
For the gratification of whom (how's my grammar?) is Henry developing acquired brain injury!??!!
Kris McCracken said…
Freefalling, unfortunately Henry's default response to everything at the moment is "no". Often quite forcefully. This is great fun when you offer (for example), a piece of ham to which he shakes his head and screeched "NOOOOO!" and waves his fists about. You then put your hands up and say "okay then, you don't have to have it" to which he begins to wail "MOOORRRREEEEE!" and throw himself at you feet begging for the ham. They can be a delight.

Blackie, I looked it up.

redfesure
archaic adjective

From Middle English reddfessure, from Anglo-French, perhaps from Vulgar Latin redsigaris, alteration of Latin redomitus "tamed again".
fourteenth century

1 : to control a wild beast
2 : to confirm control
3 : characterised by the domestication of a previously out of control animal

Moreover, if I were sure that Child and Family Services were out of the way, I'd post the video where I am saying "Henry take two steps back mate you'll land of your face", only to see him giggle, collapse and land right on his face. It is very funny.

He's a brave boy. He'll make to the big leagues.
blackie said…
who knew a typo could be so pertinent

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary