Skip to main content

Yes, it had to be me! Poor me! It couldn't be him! It couldn't be you! It had to be me!!! AH HA HA HA HA!!!


After another unfulfilling day at work yesterday, I was feeling somewhat flat on the walk back to the bus. However, a lovely pair of ducks managed to brighten the mood somewhat by settling in for a bath on Parliament lawns.

They were a good looking pair (Pacific Black’s I would wager), who didn’t seem to mind people passing by and photographing them in the makeshift tub. The dirty devils!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh they're fabulous. That's the life, isn't it, rolling around in the muck.
Anonymous said…
Oh, such a little puddle only. And for them it's beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Indeed, Pacific Blacks. I went eyeball-to-eyeball with one last week. It's on the blog ...
Miles McClagan said…
Stuff this Pussycat dolls nonsense, when I grow up, I wanna be a duck...
Dina said…
Make the most of it, wherever you find yourself, even if it's only a puddle. The sweet ducks' message.
Ducks do have that talent for making people smile - I think because they're a bit silly.
Augusta Fencing said…
The original post describes how a pair of Pacific Black ducks brightened the author's "unfulfilling day at work" by taking a bath on the Parliament lawns in Hobart. It's a charming slice-of-life moment where the community comes together to celebrate the small, "silly" beauties of nature. Browse more Augusta Fencing services
It is heartwarming to see how such a small, everyday occurrence can spark a sense of community and shared joy among readers. The ducks' ability to find beauty in a mere puddle serves as a perfect metaphor for finding happiness in unlikely places. Concrete Patio Augusta

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary