Skip to main content

The source of a true smile is an awakened mind.


As a point of comparison to the [rather wonderful if I do say so myself] photograph of Ezra posted yesterday, I thought that I'd dig up a photo of a very youthful-looking Henry from way back in the heady days of January of 2007. Here you can see Hank at the same age as the (new) littlest Hobo, sporting a grin that makes you wonder just how much he's had to drink.

To answer a question posed in the comments, I think that Henry has certain features that mark him in close similarity to his mother (it's the eyes, you see, and the milky white skin of a Russian Tsaress). It was perhaps most pronounced when he was a wee bairn, but he still carries a glint of Jennifer everywhere that he goes.

Ezra, on the other hand, I think carries a little more of me in him. He's a good shade or two darker than Henry, which one must assume is a trait picked up from my side. He has darker eyes too (me), and a knowing grin that hints at a depth of character, honour, unabashed masculinity and taut moral fibre that can only be from me! Like myself, he also is an exceedingly humble chap.

I hope that answers the question adequately.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Could I request a blog entry or 2 on the clothes that Jen has made for Hen and Ez?

Maybe a highlights package?
Kitty said…
lol, your posts are always so charming.
I was going to say, Ezra looks a LOT like his brother. See how well I know your children? It's a little scary.

I take after my Dad, and my brother takes after our Mother, so for the longest time, I thought that the gender of the children affected which parent they took after. But now I'm all grown up and I know it's not the case!
EG CameraGirl said…
They both look very bright to me. I have no idea where that trait may have come from! (tee hee)
Anonymous said…
I'm with Hallam. She has a real talent. The things that she has made for Evie and Will are just gorgeous.
Priyanka Khot said…
I loved you modesty and unabashed display of modesty while describing Ezra...

I wish that both your boys take the pluses of both their parents... :-)
FRances said…
Kris that picture of henry seems to be along time ago he hasnt many more sleeps till he is 2. Another great picture.
Anonymous said…
That's Henry, yes, no doubt. A very nice smile.
Uma por Dia said…
Beautiful!
Kiss :)
Kris McCracken said…
Hallam, it is in the works!

Kitty, well I never [fey brushing away of compliment].

EGTG, I’m guess me...
Kris McCracken said…
Tania, there are knitted pumpkins, tomatoes, donuts and lots more littering the house as I type!

Priyanka, Ezra has a certain ‘Godlike’ beauty. A universal beauty, if you will.

Frances, he’ll be two very soon, and needs to drop the ‘me, me, me’ act, as it is getting stale!

April and Mary Jo, and he still has it!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary