Skip to main content

Kuin kaksi marjaa


Henry has embraced the humble pea!

His mother informs me that he woke up this afternoon and told her "I love peas", followed with a "more peas please".

I only wish that I were there.

Comments

Tash said…
He is sooo cute... however the love of green stuff won't last (sorry...) - although I've only got a sample of one to go by.

I did love shelling peas with my grandma & eating lots of them in the process. Does anyone shell peas any longer? I'll have to check our local farmers market.

So did you ever taste horse milk? Can't imagine it being very good & must be very expensive.
Sue said…
Cody loved his peas raw! And that's the way he ate them for many, many years!

Henry is so cute!

I say "I love Henry"..."more Henry please."

And I wish I was there too!
freefalling said…
I like peas, too, Henry.
Dina said…
I love peas and Henry.
But peas are so round. More often end up on the floor than in the kids' mouth.
KL said…
I guess he was dreaming of peas :-). And peas are good to eat - sweet and small, quite like candies.

A very lovely picture of Henry. All your children all the time seem so happy and jovial. Are they really like that all the time, or you just put those ones on the blog ;-) :-D?
Jim Klenke said…
PEAS? You are not raising him right. ICK
Ed & Jeanne said…
Probably means "I love TO pee"...
Kris McCracken said…
Tash, he used to eat more veg, then he didn’t, now he has embraced peas and lettuce in the past week. Fingers crossed Ezra has had a good effect on him.

Ez has eaten EVERYTHING we put in front of him. Yesterday he had peas, pumpkin, sweet potato and kangaroo.

Henry wasn’t so keen on the ‘roo.

I’ve not tasted horse milk, but I would probably give it a go.
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, he had them again for dinner, so here is hoping that it sticks.
Kris McCracken said…
Dina, surprisingly few have been spread about, given Henry’s form for mess-making.
Kris McCracken said…
KL, he usually asks for a biscuit when he wakes up, so to hear peas was pretty unexpected for Jen.

They’re not happy ALL of the time. Ez does quite well in that department, but Henry (being two and all) often has meltdowns. He was quite ridiculous this morning over the correct manner in which to prepare his Weet-Bix. That said, he brightened up when I took him outside to get a closer view of the moon, which was still up in the sky.

He thought that it was a ball.
Kris McCracken said…
Jim, what’s wrong with peas? Are they your no-go food? Jen can’t stand mushrooms, and I’m not much of a cucumber man myself.
Kris McCracken said…
VE, he is surprisingly coy when it comes to the toilet department actually. I’m not too sure why, as we’ve tried to be very positive around that kind of thing.

Maybe we’ve grossed him out.
Baino said…
Wait until his breath begins to smell. That means he's wedged one so far up his nose, it's blocked his eustacian tubes and is beginning to go festy . . .
Kris McCracken said…
Baino, he tends to avoid sticking things in his nose thus far, but I'll keep an eye out!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary