Skip to main content

Political Correctness: A doctrine... which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.


I'm tired, so I figured that photos of the gruesome twosome might win be a free pass on the lack of droll, urbane and terribly insightful banter.

Not content with pea-eating or see-sawing, both of my lads are also keen exponents of what I believe are now called eXXXtreme sportZ. However, the preposterous legislation in this feeble nanny state of ours unjustly forbids virile and eager Aussie babies and toddlers – like my own – from making their mark in the world. Thus, we have to satisfy ourselves with pallid simulacra while we twiddle our thumbs, waiting for the government to get real.

Above, you can see Henry in training for eXXXtreme ice motorcroZZ racing. Sure, there's no engine, wheels or ice, but don't blame me, blame society.

Below, Ez is preparing himself for some skydiving. Obviously, he'd rather do it out of a plane, but it seems some nancy decided that chucking babies out of planes was iniquitous and disallowable. Lovable rogue that he is, Ez would have rather done it nude, but I imagine that the politically correct wowsers up there in Canberra would complain about that too!



Hey, wait a sec, I appear to have written more than I thought I would.

Ranting is fun.

[I have a question for readers: in your part of the world, do angry people often wag their fingers and angrily shout "it's political correctness gone mad!", or is that just Australia?]

Comments

Baino said…
Henry looks a little disappointed that he can't do a few no footed can cans, nac nacs, and heelclickers! Ez looks happy enough!
freefalling said…
My most favourite new quote.
(although I could never repeat it, coz I get really embarrassed saying off-colour words in front of strangers).

Another shark attack!!!
The sharks of Australia have gone crazy!
Ez and Henry are so cute and...adventurous :-)

Ah well, in my part of the world we have this word you will hear angry people saying all the time...it is 'malaka'. Actually men often say it to each other to indicate intimacy so...it kinda lost its swearing-like-quality. Interesting though what I learned today about ungry Australians :-)

Take care
peace and love
xoxo
Anonymous said…
Yes, it's political correctness gone mad over here too. Especially if you read the Daily Wail.
KL said…
Hahahaha...Kris...very funny...well, it's funny not because of the way you wrote the blog-article, but because of your question for me :-D. Now, what did I do that you have to ask me that :-D? NOPE! I don't smoke; and learning about drugs or anything only after coming to the USA (actually still learning). And, I don't like drinking (honestly, except water and once in a while a wee bit fruit juice).

As usual nice pics of two Mr. Handsomes (I think you must be getting bored on hearing this; but it's your fault - you only post such pictures). And, don't have the slightest idea about what or how any society is saying or doing. I don't smoke and thus don't get angry to know :-P.
Colette Amelia said…
it won't be long dad when you are wishing the lads would just sit and watch the telly...well maybe not the telly but maybe just read a book.

having three daredevils who like nothing more than throwing themselves down a mountain by one form or another does after awhile become tiring...

and for them too...especially when their mother is always nagging...you shouldn't ski alone, you shouldn't ski in the back country, you be careful, be careful, no tomfoolery, be careful...

and then there is summer when they are doing the whole ball of wax with a bike!
Megan said…
I love your post titles. Have I told you that yet?
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the chuckle.

No, it's not just an Australian phrase. It's used in the southeastern US too.
Kris McCracken said…
Baino, I'll just nod and try and look like I'm following you!
lettuce said…
(no, they do that in the UK)
Kris McCracken said…
FF, replace 'turd' with 'poo' and you should right.

I think that the sharks are simply striking back. And about time too! Good on 'em, I say.
Kris McCracken said…
Marianna, 'malaka' usd to be heard quite a bit in Melbourne...
Kris McCracken said…
Jackie, do you read the Sun? That looks like a fun paper...
Kris McCracken said…
KL, the smoking question was a reference to my theory that science and smoking must be connected in some way.
Kris McCracken said…
Colette, I try to avoid think about when they are old enough to not want me to kiss and cuddle them.
Kris McCracken said…
Megan, you have now!
Kris McCracken said…
Julia, good to hear that it isn't just us then!
G. B. Miller said…
In my part of the world, they do the cyber equivalent of wagging the finger/shaking the fist while saying "political correctness gone mad."

What they say in reality can't be said in nice blog like this.

Nice pics. Reminds me when my kids were that easy to handle.
tony said…
Ha! Love It!!!! I'm Still looking for "The Clean End"!!!! :)
Kris McCracken said…
Georgie B, now I really want to know what they say...
Kris McCracken said…
Tony, I've handled a lot of turds lately, and I can't find it!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary