Skip to main content

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.


Scotch on the rocks.

Straight up.

It ain't easy being two-and-a-half.

Comments

KL said…
It seems like nowadays we are all getting lots of Henry photos where he is smiling :-). Nice.

Yep, scotch-on-rock in a hockey-ship cup wearing the English-cricket team (almost) jersey..now that's a life :-D.
yournotalone said…
Must be lots of rocks and a drop of Scotch

My receipt for the tea - one bowl of sugar and a bit of hot water and a tea bag.
frances said…
Great picture of Henry Kris he looks like he is really enjoying his drink I wonder what he has in his cup.
Roddy said…
Two and a half. At least he ain't green!
G. B. Miller said…
Kool.

I got to hand to you, the titles that you come up with for your blog posts alone, make it worthwhile in stopping by.
Priyanka Khot said…
I agree being 2 n half was the MOST difficult part of life... all the mind games and politics of the play group!
yamini said…
Thanks u so much again for a shot of Henry. He seems to be enjoying the scotch too...
What else do you feed him in that cute mug, by the way?

Henry's mop of hair is getting darker now, or is it just the light?
Kris McCracken said…
KL, Henry detests the English cricket team. As every good Tasmanian child does...
Kris McCracken said…
Aigars, he is a gin man really.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, he hates the Greens too.
Kris McCracken said…
G, they’re the easy bit!
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, I found 17 a struggle.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, his hair is getting a darker shade of brown, although it seems to change with the weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary