Skip to main content

Sometimes you lie in bed at night, and you don't have a single thing to worry about...That always worries me!


There are lots of little pricks here in the world famous cactus enclosure at the Royal Hobart Botanical Gardens, but rest assured, Henry isn't one of them.

Comments

Erik W. Laursen said…
That worries me too.

For the longest time I had an old Peanuts comic strip stuck to my filing cabinet. In it, Charlie Brown is in bed. The punch line goes something like this, "We understand your problems, details at 11."

So I guess I'll wait for the news. Or not.
The different textures in this photograph are really amazing. I like the way the rocks and the cactii (hope I'm spelling that right) contrasts with one another and then, Henry's lovely hair...and the pop of his shirt, really great.
EG CameraGirl said…
Cacti may not be warm and cuddly, but Henry looks like he still is. ;-)
KL said…
Was he talking to the cactuses :-)? Also, the photo is really nice (or maybe the garden with Henry in it is really nice and that is why your photo also came out nice :-P)
yamini said…
Henry, even with his back to the camera, manages to make the photograph look great. He must go into the movie business, i tell u!!

Hope Jen doesn't mind..
Rajesh said…
Beautiful snap. No worries, you must be joking?
Priyanka Khot said…
Henry is a fear-less child for going near those cacti.
Kris McCracken said…
Erik, it was hard work, being Charlie Brown!
Kris McCracken said…
Evening Light Writer, it is a great spot to exploit texture, that’s for sure!
Kris McCracken said…
Your EG Tour Guide, they are wonderful!
Kris McCracken said…
KL, he was pointing out his favourite.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, she will get jealous of all the supermodels hanging about.
Kris McCracken said…
Rajesh, maybe I’m worried that I don’t know what should be worrying me?
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, you need to treat a cactus with respect, and it will love you forever.
yamini said…
and what about u?
frances said…
Kris I still have your own cati at home and it is still growing really well.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, I trust my wife.
Kris McCracken said…
Frances, good to hear!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary