Skip to main content

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.


Here is a seagull looking for a place to go. I have it on good authority - an authority of distinct totalitarian bent named Henry - that this seagull's name is "Constantin", and that he is headed to Glasgow to buy a pizza.

I captured this fellow down in Lindisfarne, Lindisfarne down the road from Geilston Bay, not the tidal island off the north-east English coast most famous for being sacked by angry Vikings. Given that, the pizza is most likely going to be cold by the time he gets there.

Today's Sunday Top Five Ten!

My personal favourite Ten Michael Jackson tracks (in chronological order):
  • I Want You Back

  • ABC

  • Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough

  • Billie Jean

  • Beat It

  • Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

  • Man in the Mirror

  • Dirty Diana

  • Smooth Criminal

  • Liberian Girl
For mine, the stand out is Billie Jean (one of the all time great pop tracks), but all of them are terribly good, and come highly recommended.

Comments

Roddy said…
I notice that you often use Henry to explain your own cerebral wanderings. Having spoken at length to Henry he assures me that his only interest is in having fun and that really the worlds travails hold little of interest for him, at present.
Roddy said…
I'm just wondering, did Constantin ring ahead, in which case the pizza will be cold. That is if the pizza joint doesn't throw it out thinking that it will never be picked up. And if Constantin is taking it home for tea, then perhaps it may be a little cool before he arrives home. Only cerebral wanderings of my own.
KL said…
I also consider Bille Jean and Beat It as all time unique, but smooth criminal - nope! don't like it at all.
yamini said…
This is one of those photos which I am not sure whether I like or not, but I sure would want to keep looking at it, if only to seek the TRUTH about whether I like it or not...
Have a nice day!! :-)
yournotalone said…
From your list I like only Man in the mirror and Liberian girl
Beth said…
I have been musing much this week on the actual lyrics to these songs. I find I don't know any of them beyond the first few words. After that it all becomes unitelligible. I can sing Ben, and She's Out of My Life word for word (and I'm not proud of that) but Billie Jean - just what IS that about?
And Man in the Mirror I only discovered through a cover version by Idea of North, a stunning Australian a cappella jazz quartet.
Ah well, too late now.
About your list track. I prefer the last songs of Mj. On your list I prefer Man In The Mirror.
I think that most of the MJ songs of 80's still sound that decade.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, you are insane.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, he rang ahead.
Kris McCracken said…
KL, too heavy for your taste? I like MJ rocking out.

I bet that you don't like Dirty Diana either!
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, it isn't my favourite photo.
Kris McCracken said…
Aigars, you don't like the Jackson 5 stuff?
Kris McCracken said…
Beth, Billie Jean is a classic tale. Boy meets girl. Boy shags girl. Some time later girls reappears with child claiming child support. Boy says that he's not the one, the kid is not his son.
Kris McCracken said…
MDP, so you prefer what is known by many as "white MJ". I will be honest and admit that I prefer "black MJ".

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary