Skip to main content

All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible.


Here is and extreme close up of Ezra, who has recently recovered from the very same does of the influenza that has wrought havoc with my mind and body these week. Suffice to say, the little bloke has pulled through with far more vigour and vitality than I think I will (should I survive, that is).

Ezra has been achieving a number of milestones of late, not least that of standing up unaided and walking. For those interested, I will be posting a video of these marvellous feats either today or tomorrow (again, provided I have not joined Michael Jackson the that great Neverland in the sky...)

In other news: this post is number 1,250 on this blog!

Congratulations blog. Cards, presents and brown paper bags filled with cash should be directed to:
Att/Of:Kris McCracken
Tasmania
Australia

Comments

Ruh-u meyyit said…
Greetings from Turkey.Have a nice day.So cute baby..
yamini said…
The picture is Lovelyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

And yes, he is a strong person for having weathered the flu condition.
Dnt worry, You will get well soon too.

I have a request to make (its with regard to Ezra's birthday), so can I have your email id to which it can be addressed?
If you feel like then please send me ur id at yaminikaul@gmail.com.
Roddy said…
Is the young bloke walking unaided?
He has given me one fantastic present for his birthday. If you can catch him now, plant a dirty big kiss on his cheek for me.
Chicken soup! Is that the cure. Fluids anyway. Take care.
Chris Wolf said…
looking forward to your "funky" post tomorrow-please let it have nothing to do with your flu symptoms!
KL said…
Waiting for the video. And thank you for the lovely picture of the little bloke. Have a swift recovery.
Mo said…
Hope he doesnt grow into a sook like you.
Kris McCracken said…
Kod, I will tell him that Turkey says so!
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, he is a good boy.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, well, a little bit aided...
Kris McCracken said…
Chris, my mood was no doubt influenced!
Kris McCracken said…
Mo, that is a very cruel thing to say.

It doesn't matter if you're right...

;)
Kris McCracken said…
Barak Obama, fancy seeing YOU here!
Tania said…
Go Ez!
Chicken soup is indeed the go - Evie calls it "cure-a-cold soup" - something she heard on Pooh Bear. However she is convinced it is "kiracold" soup.
Cute
Kris McCracken said…
Tania, no chickens here.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary