Skip to main content

What doesn't hurt - is not life; what doesn't pass - is not happiness.


You may have noticed that - children of mine aside - I rarely post photographs with people in them. I'm very shy about photographing the mug punters in the street, onlyI don't know why. So here you go, a standard street side view of Hobartians going about their business!

I'd like to know what you think is going on here? A complex heroin importation scheme? An insurance scam? Ribald commentary on Beyonce's [ahem] assets? Footy tipping gamesmanship? Old school chums? Musings on the whereabouts of Haold Holt?

C'mon people! Give a brother a hand...

Comments

Roddy said…
Who ordered which cab, and where they intend going. Or, if in Queensland this could be a riotous assembly, plotting the overthrow of the then Bjelke government.
However, unless you can tap into their mobile phones, (cell phones), then you can only hazard a guess as to what may be going on.
I'm quite sure the spy agencies can make something of it.
lettuce said…
i love how the guy in the middle is striding forward - whatever they are discussing I think he disagrees.

I'm also rather shy about photographing people - this is a great one.
Sue said…
I like the lady up the street a bit... head down looking for lost change!???!
Valerie said…
Leather jacket and briefcase, in a hurry, 'GET OUTA THE WAY'
No?
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, protesters?
Kris McCracken said…
Lettuce, I bet he's saying "I've had a gutful of this!"
Kris McCracken said…
Valerie, he looks to be a man on a mission.
Roddy said…
No, just organisers.
yamini said…
Just wanted to say that the man striding forward looks like Gene Hackman in profile.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, unionists.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, Gene is quite an unattractive man...

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary