Skip to main content

An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.


Look at these poor buggers waiting at the lights, ready to head in to work for another day of soul destroying, mind numbing, blood pressure raising work! And it doesn't even matter that these guys will be working in the waterfront precinct, with lovely views and the chance of seeing seals frolicking during their coffee break. It matters not one jot, because they are disenchanted through the crushing numbness that is paid employment in the year 2009.

One that fine note, here's Tuesday Q and A!
This is an easy one today: do you hate your job?

Comments

smudgeon said…
Yes. What's to like about being adept at the 7.6 times table?
Roddy said…
No.
I look out and see all manner of sea life.Gulls, terns, albatross, seals and the occasional shark. Not to mention the ever changing sea.
The work ain't bad either.
yamini said…
Ha Ha Ha Ha.....

I am sad because the answer is noooooo.
I used to like my first job, where I spent four years. It was the perfect one for me. But, alas!!!! the vagaries of life.....
Kris McCracken said…
Me, I think that I get your drift here...
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, I see sharks too...
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, it is depressing, isn't it?
Carola said…
In the moment I'm travelling, work meens to get as much material to make later back at home something out of it, we will see.
In Germany I liked my job (never ever a only office job)- for a while- and then I took time out (or off). It's important to have a perspektive.
Kris, when are you starting your own creativ buisiness?
Hi! Kris,
Kris ask...do you hate your job?
And my answer is...no...because I'am an artist and that is what I get paid to do...not so much "materially,"
but more "spiritually."
Do you understand?

Take care!
DeeDee ;-D
Roddy said…
And today my son two whales. This job can be fun and interesting. It's a pity more people can't share.
Irina said…
No, I don't.
In fact, I like my job. Am I a freak? :)
Sue said…
What day is it?
lemon said…
I think I have found the right answere: YESSSSSS
Do I win an early pension?
:)
Kris McCracken said…
All of these people liking their jobs, it's wrong!
Roddy said…
And today two Minkies and a couple of Pilot whales. I believe they may be heading to their Southern summer breeding ground. Antarctica. What a wonderful playground it must be.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary