Skip to main content

To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.


How about this motley crew of chancers?

Fair dinkum, trying to take a photo where these three are even vaguely all looking in the right direction, with none of them pulling a silly face or looking off their nut, is a big ask!

This is even more difficult, when the camera these days has assumed an almost mystical ability to draw children's hands to it the moment that it appears!

Comments

Priyanka Khot said…
Kudos to u for the achieving the feat.

All of them look lovely. how come u are never clicked??
Roddy said…
I would have said something, but what can one say of perfection? We just need you to make it even more perfect.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, because nobody will click me!
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, that is an arguable point...
yamini said…
This is one of the best portraits that I have seen on this blog. Right up there among the Top 10!!!

And yes, congratulations for achieving this feat single-handedly, even while saving the camera from the prying little hands. :-))

All three look heavenly in the photograph.
KL said…
Now of course for this photo, I shall say three handsome cutipies...hehehe...are you jealous?
Dina said…
Great shot.
More of life should be lived on the floor.
Kris McCracken said…
KL, more proud than jealous.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, they are rotten scoundrels really.
Kris McCracken said…
Dina, I spend a lot of time on the floor.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary