Skip to main content

A family without a black sheep is not a typical family.


Henry was not the best behaved boy this Christmas Day just gone.

I am hoping that the ten thousand push ups I've forced him to do will sharpen up his act!

Comments

Roddy said…
Baa, baa, black sheep. Count the number in my family. Henry is young and of course will do things you disagree with. As for black sheep, I doubt it.
He looks fantastic in this shot.
GVK said…
Thank you for festive greetings. http://mymysore.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/night-lights/#comments My wife and I,from Mysore, reciprocate your sentiments. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045765&id=1355527123&saved#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1355527123
Must mention here Henry looks much like my four-year-old grandson Sidharth.
Rebecca said…
LOL!!! My Kate was a little diva in her own right and the threats of lumps of coal in her stocking did not work..Hum...perhaps she needs to try push-ups...
Brian Miller said…
haha. i may have to use that in the next couple minutes with my boys...
Hallam said…
I just want to play my new game. Not much to ask.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, you needed a white sheep!
Kris McCracken said…
GVK, I like Sidarth!
Kris McCracken said…
Rebecca, or chins ups...
Kris McCracken said…
Brian, it works wonders.
Kris McCracken said…
Hallam, good luck with that. I've not had the Playstation on for three years, and it breaks my heart.
Roddy said…
The white sheep were all slaughtered to make way for more black sheep.
I had an uncle who actually bred black sheep. Interesting!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary