Skip to main content

Break the skin of civilization and you find the ape, roaring and red-handed.


While journeying through the magnificent north west coast of Tasmania (the greatest coast in the known universe), we happened upon one of the world's great rail journeys: the Orient Express Don River Railway!

As you can see, Ezra spent a portion of his trip working on his dimples.

Comments

Roddy said…
The eyes have it in this one. Thanks for the memories. Those boys of yours are the most loving/lovable children I have ever been with.
Kris McCracken said…
As one of your two actual children, I take exception to that!
Sue said…
Hahahahahaha....good one, Kris!! Pay that! Poor old Roddy, it's the Alzheimer's...he has forgotten how adorable you and Jason were! Especially you, Kris! I still remember all the cuddles you would give me when I was living at your place! You would sit on my knee all night watching TV with me. And Jase taught me all about cricket that summer I was there...he was so patient with me!!! I will always cherish those times.
Having said that...Ezra is a mighty fine looking boy and looks like an angel!!
yamini said…
Ez is looking breath-takingly gorgeous in this one. His cherubic face, such angelic smile and those gorgeous dimples are going to break a lot of hearts, I guess.
Luv to him and Henry....
Roddy said…
My apologies my son. Your mother pointed out that I had forgotten my own sons. I haven't! I however am living in the present and not the past. My comment applies to today, not thirty something years ago. For that, I am extremely sorry. However. Those boys of yours are the most adorable children I have been with in I can't remember how long.
SORRY, for the impression that I have forgotten my own two loving sons. Roddy. Your loving father.
Carola said…
He is a real cuty. And, like Roddy said, the eyes make it special.
Nice to read that you enjoy riding the train. It's great for kids.
We are in Ecuador, planed to go by train, but most routes are canceld. Main transport is by bus now.
Great rail journeys, I suggest: from Istanbul to Teheran (Trans-Asia-Express), from Calicut to Delhi, from Urumqi to Beijing
Hallam said…
There's a lot of love in here!
Tania said…
I can see Jen in this one.
He is gorgeous!
Hi!(Bonjour!)Kris,
All I can say is...Wow!
So many "true" emotions...great!
Now, back to the picture of Ezra, what a lovely photograph of a lovely little boy.
Merci de partager!
(Thanks for sharing!)

Train travel...ah! I love it!
(Hmmm...interesting quote too!)
DeeDee ;-D
Roddy said…
In circumspect you are probably right. These however are my grandchildren, and I have never had that before.
Priyanka Khot said…
He is adorable!!! oh u must come to India, while he still looks like this :) hehhe


And I extend this invitation to you and ur family after spending an awesome week at a fellow blogger's house. You can read about the journey here : http://priyankas-point.blogspot.com/2010/01/across-three-rivers-part-1.html
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, he is just a cruel person.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, Indian hearts?
Kris McCracken said…
Carola, are their chickens in the carriages, or does Hollywood lie?
Kris McCracken said…
Hallam, I blame the baby Jebus.
Kris McCracken said…
Tania, no, that's Ezra, not Jen.
Kris McCracken said…
DeeDee, he is a great little man.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, having a look now.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary