Skip to main content

If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to the man.


From high above, it seems evident that Ezra is losing his blond, curly locks.

My apologies to readers on the sub-continent.

Comments

Roddy said…
It also appears that he is practicing his sleight of hand. Notice the silver coin disappearing up the sleeve. Only to reappear....WHERE!
Tom said…
ah, nothing that ever stays the same is fraught with change. Eh?
Still cute.
Magpie said…
Roddy has a good eye...but of course, I was too busy looking at that gorgeous head of hair - whatever color it becomes. As a baby, I too had white blond hair. But alas, now it's dark brown shot through with grey. :(
Hi! Kris,
Nice photograph...of Ezra,
Oh! yeah, it appears as if
Ezra, is losing his locks of curly hair...
...and at such a young age!
Thanks, for sharing the quote too!
DeeDee ;-D
yamini said…
I'm heartbroken... sigh..... :-(
yamini said…
Can't we make the curls to stay?
Kris McCracken said…
Eoddy, in the bank.
Kris McCracken said…
Magpie, the hair is coming off today!
Kris McCracken said…
DeeDee, I've still a tick head o' hair, so the boys will turn out okay.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, he'll probably turn out to have wavy hair.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary