Skip to main content

In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.


I don't know what kind of tree this is, perhaps someone could enlighten me. Whatever it is, it reminds me of AC/DC.

Which leads me to today's Sunday Top Five: the Top Five AC/DC Songs That Remind Me Of The Tree Above!
5: Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

4: Jailbreak

3: Can I Sit Next To You Girl?

2: Whole Lotta Rosie

1: For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

Comments

Louis la Vache said…
Your title applies perfectly to the savants that make up the current U.S. Congress!
Kris said,"In politics, stupidity is not a handicap."
lol!!!!

Hi! Kris,
I have no idea what kind of tree that is...but, just like the photograph it's very...beautiful.
Thanks, for sharing!
DeeDee ;-D
Sue said…
I would ask Cody, as he is our resident tree expert, having graduated from Conservation and Land Management, where they learn those sort of things...but he is currently studying trees in the Indonesian jungles. In my expert (??) opinion ...it is a very pretty tree...and a very picture.
As for your title...I think stupidity in politics seems to be the norm. I am always reminded of "Yes, Minister".
Sue said…
Ooops...Insert "pretty" after "and a very" and before "picture".
It is a VERY PRETTY PICTURE!!! haha
I am rather tired today and am feeling a trifle out of sorts!!
Roddy said…
You have changed your entire blog preface. I thought I was lost. You have certainly gone up market.
If stupidity were a prerequisite in politics then there would be no shortage of candidates. I believe that even I would qualify.
Roddy said…
Is the plant a honeysuckle of some kind? It has the appearance of something akin.
Magpie said…
It's sad to say, but I think it's a requirement these days.
Kris McCracken said…
Thanks all, I've had my fill of pollies and we haven't even started the election here in Tasmania!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary