Skip to main content

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.


Christ Almighty, Theme Thursday already?!?

I haven't even had BREAKFAST!

Nor have these slightly dodgy looking seagulls lurking about Franklin Square this very morning. Dudes and I had a bit of a poke about in the turf looking for the odd grub, but coming up with little more than a discarded cigarette butt. Thus, far from the Bacchanalian feast envisaged, we are left looking at a mess on a public lawn with an empty belly.

The problem, you see, is that seagulls (love 'em as I do), are well and truly pococurante. As I'm sure you know, the pococurante have a tendency to perendinate. Chroicocephalus novaehollandiae are without doubt perendinacious pococurantes!

BREAKFAST!

Comments

Tom said…
eh? i thought ya'll spoke English.
Unspoken said…
I need a dictionary I am embarrassed to tell ya! ;)
I need a dictionary stat!
I’m up right HERE
Brian Miller said…
ignormous frivolity...habberdashery conflagration. studendiferous!
Hmmmm, I could look those words up and expand my mind a bit....NAAAAAAHHHHHH!
Magpie said…
Okay...challenging...did you ever get breakfast???
Megan said…
Well hell, now I've got to go and learn something.

I like the new look.
Finally, do you eat for breakfast the seagulls?
Roddy said…
Breakfast. The main meal of the day. As the words imply, and my old library teacher always said; Break the fast. You must always have breakfast to start your day correctly.
They are now pushing the importance of healthy eating down my throat at work. And again the importance of breakfast, to get the brain working properly.
Ed & Jeanne said…
Talk to the seagull...I have to go get my dictionary...
Roddy said…
Silver gulls being indifferent put offers. My what big words you use to say very little.
Christine H. said…
I'm guessing that none of these words means delicious, which is a shame because if we could eat seagulls for breakfast it really would be killing two birds with one stone.
Unknown said…
Lovely picture.
You speak English like a PRO!

Wonderful TT post!

Happy Thursday!

Happy TT!

Did you know that I am now hosting a new meme?

Find out more Blog of the Week Please join us for the WEEKEND FUNNIES. Week #2 is this Friday to Sunday (March 19-21).

See you there?

hugs

shakira

UNSPOKEN BREAKFAST FOR THE SOUL Oscar Wilde-The IRISH Gentleman ART OF GENEROSITY
Kris McCracken said…
Tom, me talkum real good.

She Writes, new words are always good.

Susan, quick!

Brian Miller, indeed.

Jill, oh dear.

Magpie, Henry ate it.

Megan, thanks!

Usuahia, indeed I did!

Roddy, if Henry doesn't eat it first.

VE, they understood every word.

Roddy, huh?

Christine H., poor seagulls.

Sh@KiR@ CK, I shall be enquiring!
PattiKen said…
Though not usually pococurante, I sometimes perendinate myself. Maybe I'll come back later...

Nicely done.

My post for Theme Thursday is up here.
Kris McCracken said…
PattiKen, we all have our days.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary