Skip to main content

A man can do what he ought to do; and when he says he cannot, it is because he will not.


Walking to work, Monday morning, what could be finer?

Oh, I know! NOT walking to work on a Monday morning.

Staying home in bed.

With children who are quiet and well behaved and let you lie in.

Walking to work, Monday morning.

Comments

-K- said…
What a quiet and peaceful place to live. Quite unlike my part of the world.
Hi! Kris,
What a beautiful photograph...of downtown, smalltown as people prepare to "walk to work, on Monday morning"...The quote is
straight and to the point!

Thanks, for sharing!
DeeDee ;-D
Magpie said…
I know it's work, but it looks like a lovely walk.
Roddy said…
Who's kids are you looking after if you expect a quiet day in bed?
I know your kids are well behaved, but to expect them to be quiet all day is asking the impossible.
Nearly time for us to visit again. Are the kids ready for us?
Kris McCracken said…
K, it has its moments.

DeeDee, we've 200k!

Magpie, I am lucky to take in the water.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, "who's"!?!

As in "who is"?

Really, I would have expected far better...
Roddy said…
Typo, typo, typo. I stand mortified. My proof reader stands humbled. Whose, as in who belongs to them kids.
You still haven't answered my question! Are the kids ready to terrorise me again this weekend? I am looking forward to being subjected to any manner of torment a child can mete out to a grandparent.
Kris McCracken said…
They're dreading it.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary