Skip to main content

There’s no place like home.


You've heard of the "naked chef"?

This is the "naked architect". He's working on the scale model of his planned '100% organic eco-residence'.

Comments

kylie said…
priceless!!
Tom said…
yeah, that's back to the basics for you!
lettuce said…
ha, great photo

looks as though he is concentrating hard.
either that or crying
Hi! Kris,
The post featuring Henry...is too cute and your comment is too...funny!
Thanks, for sharing...Well, I'am not sure if Henry, will thank you for sharing the photograph...We will see!

I agree with the quote...Wholeheartedly!

Cont...
By the way, I was taking a look at how different bloggers, from different parts of the world celebrate the Easter holiday and this is the information that I found about our friends, from down under:

"Easter is traditionally associated with spring and new birth in Australia. It’s the time when blossom starts to appear on bare trees and the first daffodils are peeping out of the ground.

Lambs and chicks are popular images with children as the dead, dark, dreary days of winter finally give way to the life and joys of Spring.

But of course April in Australia is not in the Spring, instead Easter is celebrated in the Autumn when the countryside is bathed in glorious colours of gold, burgundy, deep purples and dazzling orange hues. So for Australians, Easter is when they bid farewell to summer and start making preparations for the coming of winter.

The Australian Easter is generally a four day weekend, starting on Good Friday and ending on Easter Monday. Every shop is closed on Good Friday and it is the only day of the year when newspapers are also unavailable – an event unheard of in the UK! The religious significance remains the same, with many Christian Australians observing mass on either Good Friday or Easter Sunday."


Wow…now that is different...By the way, Happy Easter to you, Jen, Henry, and Ezra...Most definitely, to your Dad, Mom, family,friends, Tom, lettuce and to all of your readers.
Erik W. Laursen said…
I laughed out loud. What would we do without our kids to remind us of what really matters. Being naked and having something cool to do.
Kris McCracken said…
This one is a favourite of mine. Thanks all.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary