Skip to main content

O, had I but followed the arts!


Waiting for the bus, part 12,397. Campbell Street, Hobart. August 2010.

Want a list? This comes to mind: Five Feelings Other Than Joy, Love And Happiness That Come With Having Children (That They Don't Often Talk About)!

  • Frustration


  • Anger


  • Resentment


  • Exhaustion


  • Ennui

Comments

Hi! kris,
Thanks, for sharing your list...Whenever I have children, I will remember your...five words!
Now, when it comes to the quote...I did!
I hope that you, Jen, Henry, Ezra and your father (parents) have a lovely week-end too!
Take care!
DeeDee ;-D
Carola said…
Your list is very true. I like to add Worry / Anger.

Kris, you can find my questionnaire on my blog http://areyouhere-areyouthere.blogspot.com/
Sue said…
Another I often feel...RELIEF.
Felt it just tonight when Cody came home from two days hiking/camping on his own at Wilson's Promontory this weekend. Relieved he came home safe.
Relief when I find Zac home safe in his bed after a night out.
Just two examples out of many.
But I don't think I have ever felt ennui.
Roddy said…
You have children. When would you have time for boredom? Don't they keep you active 25 hours out of 24? I can't say that I ever got bored with you and Jase around.
Tenebres a la lumiere. I am at work, but enjoying myself none the less. Thank you.
Kris McCracken said…
DeeDee, I have plenty more words where they came from. Yesterday morning was not a harmonious one in the household, due to the attitude of a certain three-and-three-quarters-year-old who shall remain unnamed!

Carola, that too! I enjoyed your answers!

Sue, I'm not quite there yet. They rarely leave our sight.

Roddy, BAH!
Roddy said…
The black sheep is back is he?

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary