Skip to main content

To be old can be glorious if one has not unlearned how to begin.camb


The corner of an old church (or was it a theatre)? Campbell Street, Hobart. September 2010.

In the interests of brevity, here are thirty questions with one word responses!

1. Where is your cell mobile phone? Desk

2. Describe your boyfriend/girlfriend wife? Magnificent!

3. Your hair? Brown

4. Your mother? Franny

5. Your father? BAH!

6. Your favourite item? Hmmmm

7. Your dream last night? Sex

8. Your favourite drink? Juice

9. Your dream car? Automaton

10. The room you are in? Bright

11. Your ex? Who?

12. Your fear? Forgotten

13. What do you want to be in 10 years? Calm

14. Who did you hang out with last night? Missus

15. What you're not? Starry-eyed

16. The last thing you did? Type

17. What are you wearing? Corduroy

18. Your favourite book? Countless

19. The last thing you ate? Apple

20. Your life? Duty

21. Your mood? Intemperate

22. Your friends? Select

23. What are you thinking about right now? Thighs

24. Your car? None

25. What are you doing at the moment? Thinking

26. Your summer? Beaches

27. What is on your TV? Lola

28. When is the last time you laughed? Today

29. Last time you cried? Before

30. School? Gone

If you're into it, blog your own!

Comments

Roddy said…
Are hyphenated words singular or plural?
Unknown said…
That building looks more like the seamen's mission. Is it down near all those new places in Wapping? Maybe not the seamen's mission, but some kind of mission.
Carola said…
Interesting photo! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I answered this questions there.
Hi! Kris,
What an interesting photograph and quote...nice!

Kris said, In the interests of brevity, here are thirty questions with one word responses!

Two words?!?
LOL! and Wow!
Thanks, for sharing!
DeeDee
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, certain words and phrases tend to evolve from separation to linkage, once fused, I count them as singular.

Linda, it is on the corner of Campbell and Cresswells Row. It is listed as "7 Campbell Street", and I guess it is Wapping.

Carola, well done!

DeeDee, never!
Roddy said…
Thank you my son. I too.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary