Skip to main content

One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present.


Self portrait on wet rocks. Blinking Billy Beach, Sandy Bay. September 2011.

Another day, another Q and A! Today this is the Questions Galore Meme, Part 1...

1. Is there someone in your life you know you’d be better off without?
I generally don’t keep those people around. I’m not what one might call ‘a soft touch’.

2. Do you get criticised because of your body?
Not that I hear of. The most critical would be myself.

3. Did you kiss the last person you called?
Called? On the telephone? No I didn’t. I’m not sure that business contacts would appreciate that sort of thing. I could ask him...

4. When was the last time you danced?
Monday afternoon. Henry and I danced to Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. Lots of spinning.

5. Do you keep in mind other people’s feelings?
Of course. That said, I am a little more uncompromising than many.

6. If you have a hang nail, do you pull it or clip it?
Clip.

7. Who do you want to forget?
Scott Muller.

8. Who was the last person to send you a letter?
Kevin ‘Big Kev’ Harkins. I suspect that I was not the only one...

9. Who did you last tell to shut up?
There is a fair chance that it was one of Henry or Ezra.

10. What’s the last thing that you smelt that smelt bad?
Something that involved poo.

11. What’s your favourite cereal?
All Bran is nice, if you add some fruit and yogurt. I am enjoying the new Golden Crumble Weet Bix Bites, but they are mighty sweet! Porridge is also an old favourite.

12. How do you feel when people lead you on, but they don’t even like you?
Puzzled. To be fair, I'm not familiar with the scenario.

13. Could you live without sunlight?
Absolutely not. The lack of photosynthesis for the planet would be a problem. Moreover, if the vitamin D deficiency didn’t get me, the seasonal affective disorder would!

14. What’s something you know is bad, but you want to do it anyway?
Hot chips. That’s the extent of my debauchery these days.

15. What was the last thing you lied about?
Someone asked me how they looked and I said “fine”. They most certainly didn’t look “fine” but I considered “like a bag lady” inappropriate for a professional setting.

16. Do you regret anything you’ve done in the past week?
Yes. Losing my temper when I was tired, feeling poorly and cranky.

17. What was the last movie you bought?
Bought? Christ almighty, that’s going back ten years or so. I think that it was Apocalypse Now Redux.

18. What is a sport you would like to do?
Sea kayaking.

19. When was the last time you felt like crying?
I dunno. Last week? I’m not very good at it though.

20. Have you ever wanted to kill someone (not that you actually do it)?
Absolutely. The feeling passes.

Comments

smudgeon said…
Poor Scott Muller...let's be honest: if Mitchell Johnson wasn't a leftie, he'd be no different to Scott Muller.
Roddy said…
We need the past to formulate the future.
No past, then where were we?
Seven a.m. and all tied up in Cairns. Tomorrow, and back to Brisbane.
Kris McCracken said…
Smudgeon, there has been a few pie chuckers come through over the years. Blocker Wilson and Adam Dale come to mind. I never liked Nicholson, and both Tait and BLee astounded me with their continued selection despite rarely delivering on their supposed potential.

Conversely, I always thought Brendan Julian deserved more of a run.

Roddy, we are here.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary