Skip to main content

Our modern states are preparing for war without even knowing the future enemy.


Holding up the world. Pylon in Napoleon Street, Battery Point. November 2011.

Tiwesdæg! That means another Q and A stolen from Sunday Stealing. This week, The Bud is Back Meme!

1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
To track the progress of young Henry and allow his relatives elsewhere to see how he was getting on.

2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean?
"This will hurt me more than it will hurt you..." he says as he stands over you with the strap in hand.

3. Do you ever had another blog?
No I don't.

4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog?
Read.

5. How about when you're not on the computer?
Read. Take photos. Cook. Sleep. Tell off children. Go to the beach. Mow the lawn. The usual things.

6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
Anything that I tell 'em. I am an open book!

7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
The My Little Pony transgender furry kitten meme people.

8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
Clean space to showcase the photo. Some text down the side. Nice and subtle colour.

9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
One of the five or six photos of me in existence.

10. Pick three random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
  • Are You Here – Are You There: Plenty of pics in and around Dortmund, it's also packed full of shots and tales from travels around the globe.

  • SMUDGEON: haikus and more from the artist formally known as 'Me' and curator of the dearly departed "Launceston Daily Photo". Also has links the the mysterious "Alanvale Recording Trust".

  • Jerusalem Hills daily photo: Pictures and descriptions of life just west of Jerusalem. May or may not contain kibbutz's.

    11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently?
    A steady income stream enabling me to concentrate more energy on sleeping.

    12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from what you blog persona?
    In no particular order: taking photos; Henry; going to the beach; Ezra; surfing the 'net; walking; wisecracking; reading; answering questions; and, blogging.

    13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
    ... Drawing a blank here.

    14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make. Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
    I don’t know. There are clearly some lurkers about. Perhaps if those lurkers make themselves known in the comments, I’ll be able to answer the question!

    15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
    I’m not really an obsessive type, to be frank. I’m currently thinking about the way and shape that I might set up the new computer I may or may not receive from Satan Claws this Christmas.

    16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
    There are things to do with work that I am happy about, but would probably bore the tears out of people if I posted about them (unless there is a latent desire to hear about practical HR activities in the mental health industry).

    17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
    None, that I know of. Tasmania is somewhat out of the way you know.

    18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
    I generally try to avoid talking about work. You can get into trouble doing that.

    19. What's a question that you'd love to answer?
    I wouldn’t want to waste such a good question to stick it in the middle of this. If pushed: “Are you ashamed of yourself?”

    20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
    I am wondering what happened to the large contingent of Indian ladies who took a shine to Henry and Ezra in 2008/ 2009.

    21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”
    Never.
  • Comments

    yamini said…
    Answer to Q. No. 14: I am still a very big fan of Kris, Henry, Ezra and Jen (not necessarily in that order though).

    Answer to Q. No. 20: I still visit the blog regularly and try to keep up with the two boys but am not able to comment that frequently because of shortage of time. But I still love both of them and the Invitation to visit India and stay with my family is valid for a lifetime. :-)
    Kris McCracken said…
    Yamini, you're alive!
    yamini said…
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! very much.

    And how are you?

    Popular posts from this blog

    Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

    Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

    Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

    Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

    Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

    No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary