Skip to main content

A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains.


Jen and Hen take an eye quiz halfway up the Nut! The Nut, Stanley, Tasmania's North West Coast. February 2012.

Tuesday Q and A and we continue to trawl our way through The 99'er Meme: Part 3. This week, no celebrity 'dating' question!

51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
Absolutely. One tries not to dwell on it, but of course I begrudge when people get away with something shocking…

52) What is your astrological sign?
Taurus. It must be all nonsense though, because they reckon that I must be stubborn and ferocious in my anger!

53) Do you save money for anything? What?
I like to keep a buffer there for whatever might be needed. Never let that number anywhere near zero is my philosophy.

54) What's the last thing you purchased?
Shoes and shorts.

55) Have you ever had a relationship that you realised was lust not love?
I’ve never confused anything else with love.

56) In a relationship?
Yes.

57) How many relationships have you had?
Not many.

58) What do you want to tell us about your day?
A usual kind of day. As most days are…

59) Where were you yesterday?
I woke up and was at home. Then I went out and was at work. Then I went home again.

60) Is there anything interesting within 10 feet of you?
The document released by the Fair Work Ombudsman entitled Best Practice Guide for Gender Pay Equity is exhilarating stuff.

61) Are you wearing socks right now?
Indeed I am.

62) What's your favourite animal?
I like Great White Sharks, saltwater crocodiles, tigers and wolves.

And wombats.

63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
My natural charm, good looks and excellent sense of humour.

64) Where is your best friend?
She’s at home.

65) How did you end your last relationship end?
You know, I honestly can’t recall…

66) What is your heritage?
Mixed.

67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
Sleeping.

68) What's new?
I think that you might be asking the wrong person.

69) What is the key to seduction?
It depends. For some it is a big fat wallet.

70) What was the weirdest thing that happened to you this week?
A very odd conversation with someone that I am certain was uncomfortable for both of us.

71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time, you get fired. What do you do?
A dog? Pffft, as if I’m going to jump in a filthy canal for a dog.

72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?

a) I’d stew on it for a bit, but really must tell the missus.

b) I’d be thinking hard about how I might go about getting my hands on some cash, QUICKLY.

c) Bloody oath I would.

73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
Well, you can’t have the latter without the former.

74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
Even The Bad Times Are Good by The Tremeloes is a good one. They sound like they are having great fun!

75) Who has your cell phone number (other than family)?
Very few people indeed.

Comments

I really love this shot.I think that is the best photo that you has made.
Great!
Kris McCracken said…
High praise indeed!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary