Skip to main content

When everything is easy one quickly gets stupid.


The dead centre of town. Cornelian Bay Cemetary, Cornelian Bay (as seen from Derwent Avenue). February 2012.

Theme Thursday today and more and more pointless meetings mean that I am now seeing DOUBLE.

Why DOUBLE?

Well, I can't be sure, but I suspect that has something to do with the brick walls that I have been head-butting...

Comments

Roddy said…
If they weren't so dead, then they would have a fantastic view of the bay.
It looks very impressive as you sail up to Selfs Point.
Mrsupole said…
You just gotta stop the head-butting and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pointless meetings are such a waste. Hope you start start seeing normal really soon.

Happy TT to you and hope you have a great weekend.

God bless.
JANU said…
Don't beat yourself...:-)
Postcardy said…
Beware of head-butting--it can do permanent damage.
Anonymous said…
Nice shot!
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, poor buggers.

Mrsupole, fair dinkum, someone's going to get head butted if I have another one of those meetings.

Janaki, it's either that or beat someone else! ;D

Postcardy, I wear a helmet.

Becca, thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary