Skip to main content

This too shall pass


Three blokes under a cliff minding their own business. Spring Beach, Orford. Tasmania's East Coast. July 2012.

It's a very special Theme Thursday today, but one filled with many DISTRACTIONS.

It is young Ezra's birthday today, you see. Yes, my dear little baby boy is FOUR!

FOUR!

Where did the time go?

That's the problem with time. Life is so full of DISTRACTIONS that you sometimes fail to notice that every second time is ticking away and suddenly it's 2012, you're thirty-five years old and your teeny-weeny baby is FOUR.

It doesn't seem that long ago that he was a mere 27 seconds old an in his mother's arms (you can click here and view the original post).

Or the time on his first birthday when he tried to eat the candle (you can see that post here).

Or the time on his second birthday when he nearly took off because of all the balloons he was holding (click to see that here)?

Or even the day of his third birthday, where we demonstrated the extend of our esteem by purchasing bananas even though we found ourselves amidst the Great Banana Shortage of '11 (click here)?

As for this year, well, who knows what might DISTRACT us before the day is out?

Comments

Mrsupole said…
Happy Birthday Ezra!!!

Hope your day is very special and you birthday wishes comes true.

Have a great day!
Mrsupole said…
Hi Kris,

It is funny how distracted we can become and then before we know it the time has flown on by.

If you feel bad, just think of me, I just realized that my youngest just turned 35 a few days ago. It just seems like it wasn't all that long ago that I was changing her diapers. Although I do think I try to ignore her age so that way I can ignore mine. LOL, it fails every time I look in a mirror.

Love the picture of the three men sitting there enjoying life. That is one that is worth framing.

Happy TT distraction story here, enjoyed it a lot.

God bless.
joanne said…
Lovely family post....
Anonymous said…
Oh happy birthday to Ezra! Beautiful story!
Catch My Words said…
Happy birthday, Ezra. I know what you mean about the time passing quickly. My little boy is now 24 years old.


http://joycelansky.blogspot.com
Roddy said…
Three good looking blokes at that too.
Kris McCracken said…
Thanks all. The four years seems to have zipped by!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary