Skip to main content

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.



Lines. East Derwent Highway, Geilston Bay. June 2012.

And yes we are continuing our slog through the Q and A shamelessly stolen from Sunday Stealing. This week, The Imaginary Meme, Part Four

61. Ocean or pool?
It depends on the weather. If it’s too cold I am heading to the pool.

62. Fridays or Ruby Tuesdays?
Fridays, although I don’t mind The Rolling Stones.

63. Did you want to go to college?
Again? I wouldn’t rule it out, but it is probably a longshot.

64. What did you buy last time at a mall?
Some presents for Ezra.

65. Which close friend have you known the longest?
It depends on how you define ‘close’. Probably my wife.

66. Why do you like the music you do?
Because it makes me feel something that I like feeling.

67. Do you read much?
I read all the time. I love reading.

68. Favourite country?
At the moment I have a hankering for Finland.

69. What is something you wish you were better at?
Tranquillity.

70. What’s your favourite album/ CD?
This is a very tricky question. In terms of the one that had the biggest impact and has consistently stayed with me, I would have to nominate Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

71. What's a good dinner order?
Something involving octopus.

72. Planes or boats?
Boats.

73. One rumour that’s been spread about you:
That I’m an incredibly good lover.

74. Who is your newest friend?
Some of the kids at Auskick are very nice.

75. Have you ever sat on a rooftop?
Lots of time. You could pick up the radio and television from Melbourne while sitting on the roof in Burnie in the summers of my childhood. Try explaining that to the children of the gizmos and gadgets generation...

76. Was your last text useful?
Yes it was.

77. Favourite soda?
I don’t drink fizzy drinks any more. I do like a nice sharp ginger beer though.

78. Do you like yourself?
Increasing less so.

79. The worst weather: Hot or cold?
Any time that it is excessively grey gets me down. I can handle hot or cold as long as I have a big blue sky above me.

80. Do you play an instrument?
I play a number of instruments very, very badly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary