Skip to main content

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.


Theme Thursday.

Okay.

'ello SUNSHINE.

‘Owya goin’?

Been busy?

Yeah?

Awright.

Doin’ well?

Doin’ well meself me old mukka.

Doin’ well. Doin’ well. Doin’ well.

Yep, doin’ well.

Can’t complain can’t complain.

Hip given me grief mind you.

Shockin’ headache.

Work given’ me trouble.

Can’t complain though, can’t complain.

Strugglin’ with me back still.

Missus given’ me hell.

Strugglin’ with the bills.

Bills bills bills. Always bills.

Can’t complain though, can’t complain.

You?

Yeah yeah. Yeah.

Musn’t grumple.

Comments

Mrsupole said…
Hi Kris,

Bills, bills, bills, is all I ever find in my mailbox along with all that junk mail. I tried to get them to stop delivering the junk and they said they could not. But then again that is how they make most of their money besides taking more of our tax dollars for crappy service. Always have mail from different neighbors in our mailbox. I used to call and complain but it went in one ear and out the other and has never stopped. They can't even get the junk mail delivered properly either. Maybe I need to start getting e-bills and then just let them fill up the box with the junk and when I refuse to pick it up then maybe they will return it. But then that is the post offices main income source. Are these people so stupid that they do not know we shred all of it.

Happy Theme Thursday to you and yours.

God bless.
Brian Miller said…
ha i love your title...and great reflection shot man.....fun approach as well capturing the conversation....we have some rather shallow ones about always the same things but then again there is contact...money is probably my least favorite topic but hey then there is the weather...a mite nip here this morning...the sun will be along soon though...
Susan said…
Fun!
Personification has never been so alive. And vice versa.
joanne said…
A unique and amusing take on the prompt....'can't complain' - love it....
Sayantini said…
This one was just overwhelming! Nice portrait of words. Lover it.


~Sayantini Bhattacharya
another part of me
Roddy said…
As long as the name rings a bell.
Kris McCracken said…
Mrsupole, like electronic spam, it only takes a few nibblers to make the investment pay off!

Brian, I hear this one's at the bus stop all the time.

Susan, hoorah!

Joanne, thanks.

Sayantini, cheers!

Roddy, who what now?

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary