Skip to main content

I feel really ambiguous about the psychology of people trying to do good in the world.


It's always easy heading into work in Winter. East Derwent Highway, Geilston Bay. July 2013.

No work for the next two weeks! HOORAH! Let's celebrate with a Q and A. The Wish List Meme, part two

26.) If you had to order from a kid's menu, what would you get?

Do they have squid and chips?


27.) Do you speak any other languages? ?

Nein.


28.) Do you use Twitter?

Sparingly. You can find me here.


29.) Do you go onto YouTube?

On occasions. Click here.


30.) Do you play Angry Birds?

I've played a few rounds. Ezra, in particular, loves it.


31.) Do you like theme parties?

I hate them.


32.) Do you like current cartoons?

Some of them are okay. I quite like SpongeBob, Chowder and Super Hero Squad.


33.) Have you ever cried because you were so happy?

I'm not sure. It doesn't sound like me.


34.) Who would you like to see in concert?

Franz Liszt.


35.) Can you swim well?

I can swim reasonably well. I wouldn't win many races, but an grind out a good few hours without a break.


36.) Ever won a contest?

Not one worth mentioning.


37.) Ever won a giveaway?

I have done that. Many years ago now.


38.) Do you get a full 8 hours of sleep every night?

It's usually closer to seven, but that generally suits me.


39.) What tea do you like?

I'm not a big tea drinker, but I do quite like lemon and ginger.


40.) What mixed drink do you like?

Elderflower and soda water.


41.) Do you shop at Walmart?

We don't have them here, so no.


42.) Do you shop at Target?

Once in a while.


43.) What do you order at your local coffee shop?

A skinny cappuccino, please.


44.) Do you drink bottled or tap water?

Tap. I'm a fan of fluoridation. It's been a boon to public health the World over.


45.) Do you like homemade meals?

I love them. Especially when I make them.


46.) Do you like homemade baked goods?

I do indeed.


47.) Do you shop online?

Increasingly so. We've been doing the bulk of our grocery shopping online for over three years now. I'm unlikely to go back.


48.) Name 3 stores online stores you would like to shop at:

Cripes, I dunno. Somewhere selling holidays, diving gear and flights.


49.) What holiday don't you like?

ANZAC Day has been giving me the shits over the past decade. The xenophobe's day of choice, it seems.


50.) What do you eat more when you're sick?

Fruit. Lots and lots of fruit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary