Skip to main content

Do as I say, not as I do

That naughty Abu Bakar Bashir is at it again! I don't want to enter too much into this guy or his latest caper, because to be honest there is no need as the guy doesn't need my help to establish that he is a fool.

However, there is one aspect of his latest tirade against infidels that struck me. Here is this bloke, 69 years old, advising to the youth of Indonesia that "the young must be first at the front line - don't hide at the back. You must be at the front, die as martyrs and all your sins will be forgiven. This is how to achieve forgiveness."

Right. And how many times has old Abu martyred himself for the grand cause? That would be the first question I would ask if someone was advising me to die for something they believe in.

Comments

edwin s said…
Here in Malaysia, the religious zealots behave the same way and often the things that come spewing out of their mouths makes me wonder what's going on in their heads.

But such is life that someone feels the desire to control the perception of young minds. Hmm...
Kris McCracken said…
I'd imagine that this crank has maybe 0.05% support, Indonesians or non-Indonesians, Muslim or otherwise. Such nonsense!

Hopefully people can see through such blind hatred and bigotry and just get on with things that actually make people's lives better.
~tanty~ said…
To me, this guy is not a true muslim. He has mislead and has misinterpret of what is stated in Qur'an.
Kris McCracken said…
That seems to be the general consensus on this guy.
Anonymous said…
The Hamas-run TV in Gaza tries to teach their children love of martyrdom and hatred of the enemy.
One longer video is at http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/239/0/1579.htm. More "children's viewing" in the index at http://www.memritv.org/content/en/country.htm?country=pales.
Very sad that this is the way they are brainwashed.
Kris McCracken said…
There's loonies everywhere if you look hard enough. Let's just hope that common sense prevails over moronic hatred in all places and people just learn to get on with things!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary