Skip to main content

(My) Photo of the day, Or Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting



I have been treated to an impressive series of sunrises over the past week or so. I think that this was the pick of the bunch that I took this morning, but I don't really have a lot of time to try and get the best shot.

On other matters, Henry did a little feature piece for the local news this morning. Jen tells me that it went well, and I will endeavour to post the details as they come to hand.

Comments

lv2scpbk said…
Stunning photo. It is beautiful.
Maria Verivaki said…
you captured the red sky at just the right moment
monoblog said…
Kris, I deleted my Sunday post.
Kris McCracken said…
Monoblog, that's a shame, it was a lovely shot!
CrazyCow said…
The sunset colours are truly beautiful.
Dina said…
A sunrise worth getting up for.
Henry a TV star? Not surprised.

A kilo of strawberries isn't that much for a kid (or a kid and his grandmother), is it?
Now now Kris, don't be sad about not having as much history as my city does. I, on the other hand, was always full of wonder that Australia could be such a young country (but seem so old, I mean, grown-up). And what about your ancient Aboriginal history? Doesn't that count?
Beautiful. We only get these colours here occasionally.
Anonymous said…
Good news and beautiful pictures on this Decoration Day.
EG CameraGirl said…
What a great sunrise! I hope the rest of the day was just as nice.
Louis la Vache said…
Breathtaking sunrise! This should be a Sky Watch Friday post!

"Louis" thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo and for your kind comments about his Memorial Day post.
iBlowfish said…
I love the color of the sunrise, beautiful shot.
Anonymous said…
That's gorgeous. I've no idea if our sunrises are that lovely or not, I'm never up in time to look!
Dina said…
Hi Kris,
After receiving one of those "awards" the bloggers send around, I had to pass the "You make my day" to my favorite five. Please see http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/05/make-my-day-award.html
Shalom and mazal tov.
Jim Klenke said…
Nice photo, I like the new header pic also.

The flags on my pic are the US, Texas, POW/MIA and Kaufman County, Texas flag.
The D in D & T said…
I so miss these sunsets Kris. Just beautiful.
Anonymous said…
I'd love to have seen this one. they make the day worth getting up for.
Kris McCracken said…
Cheers for all the kind comments. When you get a sky like this one, it is often enough to point the camera and click, it does all the work!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary