Skip to main content

It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.


Isn't it always the way? You come home, you've lost your voice, you have to get the dinner on and feed the tired an cranky masses, and there's a bloody robot in the kitchen!

Not only that, but the robot seems to have developed a thing for the rubbish bin. It's very creepy.

Comments

Ash said…
How adorable :-)
kylie said…
is that the same robot who goes to the toilet?
Jim Klenke said…
Cute, did he say take me to your leader?
KL said…
Cuuutteeee :-). Is that the handiwork of Jen? Seems like that.
John M. Mora said…
Great photo and post.

Came here by way of Lisa in NZ.

Maybe the robot was built with a random garbage disposal part or two....

Great colors.
Kitty said…
haha, how cute?!
how do you not laugh out loud all day at these tykes?
Dina said…
Henry's costume is just in time for Purim today!
I didn't see any robot kids on the streets of Jerusalem today. Henry and Jen could come here and give lessons in creativity.
Anonymous said…
Woah, he's so scary! (how did you keep a straight face?!)
Megan said…
It's the toes that really get me.
Babzy.B said…
i love this robot ! and congrats to the designer :)
EG CameraGirl said…
Of course! Robot are in my kitchen ALL the time.

Oh, right! I'm lying. But I would LOVE to have such a robot in my kitchen. And that's the truth.

Wonderful costume!
Kris McCracken said…
Ash, he has his moments.
Kris McCracken said…
Kylie, very rarely he does.
Kris McCracken said…
Jim, no, but he did demand grapes...
Kris McCracken said…
KL, Jen and Henry made it together.
Kris McCracken said…
John, it could well explain the attraction.
Kris McCracken said…
Kitty, I often laugh at them. Not so much at 5 am though.
Kris McCracken said…
Henry would like purim, I think.
Kris McCracken said…
Jackie, it was easier than when he was nude, put the box (minus eye holes) and ran straight into the wall!

Three times.
Kris McCracken said…
Megan, I never even knew that robots had toes.
Kris McCracken said…
Babzy, sometimes he appears to malfunction though. Especially around dinner time.
Kris McCracken said…
YEGTG, well, the robot is beginning to have some use in the kitchen. Just the other day he helped me make damper. And he always helps mix the pancake batter.
USelaine said…
He clearly is blessed to be growing up in the Jen and Kris household.
Kris McCracken said…
Elaine, he might tell you different. Just this morning, he felt it supremely unfair that I'd stop him from drawing on the table (in a literal sense).
Kris McCracken said…
April, maybe he's a cyborg?
The Clever Pup said…
that's a great costume. You should have this image put on a t-shirt
Kris McCracken said…
The Clever Pup, and sell it on e-bay?

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary