Skip to main content

Domination delegates the physical violence on which it rests to the dominated.


Here are the silos down in Salamanca again on a brisk autumn afternoon. I am sick of the sight of those silos, yet I keep taking photographs of them. That is the first sign of my debasement.

I need a good dose of revolutionary zeal. I need some consciousness raising. I need a stiff drink.

Here, have a poem from a younger version of me.
Dialectical Materialism #12

To inhale the feeling that radiated the room
was to breathe in visions of tropical beauty,
lazy days lying on beaches to taste an unknown
something that reached right down into my testicles.
Motionless in a darkened corner, my chance had come,
but alas, a strange fear gripped me and I could not.

I'd have liked to pay some service to your eyes;
a deep blue sea raging fiercely on the inside
as angels cluster around the blessed iris.
And yes I know that I'm the most useless being
to have ever walked on this earth. But you will
never know how much I wanted you. (I'll never say)

Comments

Keropokman said…
i know what you mean. you sometimes keep taking the photos of the eyesore. LOL...
Roddy said…
They are a little more photogenic than the original grey eyesores that they once were. Silos are silos, unless they are apartments. Keep up the picture taking as I enjoy them.
yamini said…
Come over to India, you will have so much more to photograph and we can enjoy the company of Henry, Ezra and Jen. Then You will not have to click the Silos anymore.
smudgeon said…
We have some empty silos waiting to be developed. Only issues I see are:

1. They're in Invermay - the Vic Bitter of Launceston Suburbs; and
2. They have views of Invermay (VB, etc) and the Tamar at low tide.

Apart from that, they're ripe for the developin'.
Kris McCracken said…
Keropok Man, I think that I am trying to find some beauty!
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, they have done up some silos in Ballarat the same way.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, it’s just because they sit right at my front door at work.
Kris McCracken said…
Me, if they can do it in Ballarat, they can do it in Launceston! The only trouble is that Nick McKimm will insist on fifteen enquiries first before he actually comes out and opposes it (after opposing it all along)…
yamini said…
See, there u have another reason to run away from them...
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, I will close my eyes when leaving work this arvo...

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary