Skip to main content

All things truly wicked start from an innocence.


MORE rain means MORE reflections. MORE reflections means MORE photographs of things in puddles.

Here are a few buildings and a 4WD down on Hobart's waterfront the other morning.

Comments

Roddy said…
Was your puddle caused by the recent rains or as a result of the extremely high tides of late?
Ann said…
That's a brilliant reflection. Its summer in Sydney today.
yamini said…
Nice after-rain photograph.
We also are waiting for more rains here in Delhi.

And, we are also waiting for more photographs from Ezra's birthday party. :-))
Priyanka Khot said…
Did you jump in the puddle... I am dying to do something of the sort.. but the rain gods are not gracious enough with the droplets this year.. sigh!
Sue said…
Love the picture. Envy you the rain.
We had a sprinkle here today but that is all. Keep waiting...and hoping. Just want the dams to fill for summer.
KL said…
awesome composition.
Kris McCracken said…
Ann, there's snow on the mountain today.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, I am starting to tire of rainy and cold days.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, not in these shoes!
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, we've had nothing BUT rain of late.
Gabor said…
Cracker of a shot. I few years ago, while in Hobart, on this very street, we met a guy in his late 40's/early 50's and had moved down from Melbourne over 20 years ago. He runs a furniture shop.

We told him we had just driven in from Strahan and he said he had never quite made it to the West Coast for a visit. It is a 4 hr drive.

That astounds me. It really does.
Kris McCracken said…
Gabor, people can be odd. Many Tasmanians have never visited the West Coast, which is a shame because it has some lovely spots. That said, there are still those who have barely left their own town!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary