Skip to main content

I pass with relief from the tossing sea of Cause and Theory to the firm ground of Result and Fact.


No, that isn't ice on the branches there. I do like the way that it kind of looks that way though. This was taken somewhere in Hobart, although I don't truly recall where, or when. Lately though. It was taken of late. By the look of the angle of the sun, I'd be guessing late-morning.

Tuesday Q and A! It's an easy one this one. In the deepest voice that I can muster:
Why are people so unkind?

Comments

lemon said…
A phycologist whould say, because they are unhappy-and he' d probably be right.
But I usually think, because they do not give just a moment to think, just a little moment, to see the others around as thinking (and feeling) people. So, just matter of "education", is my opinion.

(In my job, having to do with people all day, usually coming to be helped or to complain, you can not imagine how many times a day I ask myself this question.
It would take a long conversation, my answers and my thoughts. But I am not having a satisfactory answer yet!)

Good morning from Greece!
yamini said…
Lovely picture, though the first thing that it reminded me of was Johnny Depp's "Sleepy Hollow".

Trees shorn of leaves are beautiful in their own sense. The bare branches put up a rare pattern on the landscape. Whenever we visited Kashmir close to winter season, such a sight was commonplace, specially along villageside.

Well, I think people are unkind because they have faced unkindness in their life. It is kind of a vicious cycle. Moreover, they are unaware that it is a wrong way to seek an answer to their own pain but they carry on nevertheless.
Kris McCracken said…
Lemon, I blame rap music and violent video games.

And John Howard.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, maybe they need a hug?
yamini said…
You are right.

In India, this special hug is now called a "Jaadu ki Jhappi" after a popular movie series, in which the main character "Munnabhai" gives every disgruntled or negative person this special hug and cures the negativity. :-)
Priyanka Khot said…
You tell me... How can people be so unkind??? A very angry me asks where are the photos of the one-year-old Ezra and his hunk of a brother Henry. You are being SOOOOOOOOO unkind by not posting the photos.
Sue said…
The picture is beautiful.
People are usually unkind because, as lemon said, they just don't think.
Unawareness of the cruelty they inflict!??? Or not caring about it??? I would like to think the former and not the latter...as I prefer to think better of people. Otherwise I would despair of the world! What do you think...Kamahl?
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, a hug or a slap.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, I was hosting, so not able to take too many.
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, a nice cup of tea will help.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary