Skip to main content

Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.


This photo was taken yesterday morning as Ezra was opening his presents up. A sullen Henry was not satisfied to be relegated to the role of spectator, and - for some reason unbeknownst to me - I have had my head cropped off by the missus. Ez is wearing his Sargent Pepper outfit made for him by his sole remaining great grandmother.

I have more photos, and hope to get them up tomorrow, work permitting!

Comments

Sue said…
Gee, Kris (& Jen)...your boys are just too gorgeous for words!
Hope dear little Ez enjoyed his special day (still can't believe it's been a whole year!!!) and I hope Henry had just as much fun too!
LOVE the jacket! I wonder if his great grandmother would make ME one too!!!
Looking forward to the rest of the pics!
Valerie said…
Oh what big eyes they have, wonderful. Lovely boys, can't speak for the one who lost his head ... smiles.
lemon said…
Ohhhhhh, if I were near, these tender chicks of Ezra would be in danger!!
Give them both (your boys) a kiss, from me!
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, you may note the book Ez is pursuing here. It has proven quite a hit with BOTH of them.
Kris McCracken said…
Valerie, I have been told that I have the eyes of a cow.

I have taken it as a complement.
Kris McCracken said…
Lemon, people love squeezing his cheeks. I prefer kissing them.
yamini said…
Hello Birthday Boy!!!!!

I like the look that both Henry and Ezra are giving into the camera. Where are you Kris? ;-)

Hope Ez had a very special birthday and wish him many many many more such special days ahead in his life.
I can understand Henry's predicament at being relegated to being a spectator but never mind Henry, we'll make sure you celebrate your next birthday in India and have a blast too.

We are waiting for lots of photographs of the birthday proceedings.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, I am right behind them, but Jen didn't see fit to include my head!
yamini said…
Why would Jen do that, I wonder?
:-P

By the way I forgot to mention, Ez's outfit is beautiful. It is a pleasure to have women in the family who are so good at knitting.

One of my aunt (my dad's elder sister) used to knit one cardigan/pullover for each of us children in the family every 2 or 3 years.

Have a nice day!!
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, my wife is a cruel and bitter woman.
yamini said…
What a lie!!!!!! :-)

She can be nothing else but a beautiful person to have given birth to such beautiful and charismatic boys.

It must be the camera's fault, I guess.
Valerie said…
A cow? Hmmm there must be a gag there ... somewhere
USelaine said…
Ezra is handling that toothbrush like a seasoned pro.
Priyanka Khot said…
He is adorable for a one-year-old and can give hunks 30X his age a run for their money. Cheek pulls... so many of them for Ezra.

Henry does not look sullen to me. He is adorable.
Sue said…
I did notice the book...I am glad they liked it. And young Ez with his toothbrush. Good boy...making sure he cleans his teeth after all his birthday goodies!!! Gotta love a boy with good dental hygiene!!!
You have your mother's lovely big eyes.
I guess good knitters run in Jen's family. Tell her that your great aunty Shirley (on your paternal grandmother's side) was the most lovely knitter I have ever seen (except for Jen!). She would have loved Jen's handiwork!
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, my camera doesn't do that sort of thing.
Kris McCracken said…
Valerie, no gag, all true.
Kris McCracken said…
Elaine, it is his favourite toy at the moment.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, he tells me that he's not sexy.
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, we introduced the toothbrushes early, and it seems to have taken.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary